Peel Hunt.

From Wikitia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Peel Hunt
Limited liability partnership
IndustryInvestment banking
Founded1989; 35 years ago (1989) in London, United Kingdom
Area served
Key people
  • Steven Fine, Chief Executive Officer
  • Sunil Dhall, Chief Financial Officer
  • Andrew Chapman, Head of Investment Banking
  • Charles Hall, Head of Research
  • Iain Morgan, Head of Execution and Trading
  • Alex Carter, Head of Equities
  • Investment banking
  • research
  • sales
  • execution & trading
Number of employees
Website[ Official website]

Peel Hunt is an investment bank that provides brokerage and financial advisory services for businesses. The company is headquartered in London, England. [1][2][3]


Peel Hunt was founded in 1989 by Charlie Peel, a descendant of Metropolitan Police force founder Sir Robert, and Christopher Holdsworth Hunt.[4]The company was acquired by KBC in 2001, becoming KBC Peel Hunt. At the time, Simon Hayes was the CEO of the company. Peel Hunt regained its independent status in 2010 after a complete buyout by its staff. 75% of the company is owned by its staff, while the remaining 25% is owned by private investors. In 2014, Peel Hunt opened its New York office. Steven Fine was appointed as the CEO of the company in 2016. [5][6]


Peel Hunt operates across UK-listed companies with a particular focus on the mid and small-cap segments of the market.[7]The company has helped corporate broking clients including: Essentra Packaging raise £100 million, Galliford Try raise £157m, SIG raise £165 million, Warehouse REIT raise £100 million and Primary Health Properties raise £140 million. [8][9][10][11][12][13]

In December 2019, it advised Octopus Group with their £350m fund raise launch.[14]That same month, Peel Hunt managed AA PLC’s Bond Purchase Programme. Peel Hunt also advised Hansteen Holdings in a £500m Recommended Cash Acquisition by Potter UK Bidco Limited. [15]Peel Hunt advised on the £1.075 billion merger of Galliford Try’s Linden Homes and Partnerships & Regeneration divisions with Bovis Homes Group plc. [16]

In March 2020, Peel Hunt acted as an adviser to Moss Bros Group regarding their recent takeover. [17]In May 2020, Peel Hunt advised On the Beach with a £67.3m Accelerated Book Build Placing.[18]


Peel Hunt ranked as No. 1 in Research in Institutional Investor’s 2020 U.K. Small & Mid-cap Research Team. It was also ranked as No. 1 in research in the 2019 Thomson Reuters Extel Survey of UK Small & Mid-cap Brokerage Firms.[19][20]


  1. "DFS upholsters profits by £100 million with Covid-inspired sales boom". Retrieved 2020-11-10.{{cite web}}: CS1 maint: url-status (link)
  2. Hore, Andrew (2019-09-26). "Peel Hunt believes there is value in Burford". UK Investor Magazine. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
  3. "Peel Hunt initiates coverage of investment companies". 2015-06-18. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
  4. "The TRADE issue 65 Autumn 2020 - The TRADE". Retrieved 2020-11-10.
  5. "Peel Hunt adopts Torstone's Inferno in the US | Institutional Asset Manager". 2017-10-13. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
  6. "Peel Hunt staff buyout from KBC completes". CityAM. 2010-11-29. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
  7. "Mifid II launched one year ago and financial brokers are embracing the opportunity". CityAM. 2019-01-10. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
  8. "Sale of Housing Businesses - 07:00:10 07 Nov 2019 - GFRD News article | London Stock Exchange". Retrieved 2020-11-10.
  9. "Result of Placing - 16:37:13 09 Jul 2020 - PHP News article | London Stock Exchange". Retrieved 2020-11-10.
  10. "Results of Firm Placing - 07:00:04 19 Jun 2020 - WHR News article | London Stock Exchange". Retrieved 2020-11-10.
  11. "Successful Completion of Bookbuilding Process - 15:41:29 19 Jun 2020 - SHI News article | London Stock Exchange". Retrieved 2020-11-10.
  12. "Issue of Equity – Company Announcement -". Retrieved 2020-11-10.
  13. "Meet Steven Fine: The Southend man leading Peel Hunt's City advance". Evening Standard. 2018-04-20. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
  14. "Octopus Renewables smashes target with £350m launch".{{cite web}}: CS1 maint: url-status (link)
  15. Media, Insider. "Blackstone affiliate and Hansteen agree takeover deal". Insider Media Ltd. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
  16. "The UK's top 10 small and mid cap analysts".{{cite web}}: CS1 maint: url-status (link)
  17. Media, Insider. "Historic menswear firm lined up for takeover". Insider Media Ltd. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
  18. McSherry, Mark. "On the Beach raises £67m in sale of new shares – Northern Financial Review". Retrieved 2020-11-10.
  19. "The UK's top 20 small and mid cap analysts".{{cite web}}: CS1 maint: url-status (link)
  20. "These U.K. Brokers Have 'Thrived'". Institutional Investor. Retrieved 2020-11-10.

External links

Add External links

This article "Peel Hunt." is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.