|Add a Photo|
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Known for||Known for his work on supply chain management, supply chain finance, operational excellence, and risk management|
|Awards||Fellow of POMS Award (2016)|
Panos (Panagiotis) Kouvelis is the Emerson Distinguished Professor of Operations and Manufacturing Management and director of the Boeing Center for Supply Chain Innovation at the Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis. He is best known for his work on supply chain management, supply chain finance, operational excellence, and risk management.
Early life and education
Kouvelis was born in Greece. After graduating from National Technical University of Athens in 1983, he moved to the United States, where he went on to earn his MBA and MS from the Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California. In 1988, he earned his PhD from the Management Science and Engineering department at Stanford University.
Kouvelis served as an assistant professor at the University of Texas at Austin from 1988 to 1991 and an associate professor at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business from 1992 to 1997. He visited Washington University in St. Louis from 1996-1997, where he accepted a full professor position in 1997. He was installed as the inaugural Emerson Distinguished Professor of Operations and Manufacturing Management in 2000. Kouvelis served as the senior associate dean and director of executive programs at the Olin Business School from 2009 to 2013, as well as area chair of the Operations and Manufacturing Management department from 2005 to 2009. He has accepted visiting professorships at the WHU-Otto Beisheim School of Management, the University of Chicago, and Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
The Boeing Center for Supply Chain Innovation
Kouvelis was a founding co-director of The Boeing Center for Technology, Information, and Manufacturing in 1997. He became the director of the center in 2000, and continues to direct it. The center was renamed to The Boeing Center for Supply Chain Innovation (BCSCI) in 2016.
Awards and honors
- Fellow of POMS Award (2016) - Lifetime achievement award for contributions in the field of operations management, awarded by the Production and Operations Management Society (POMS)
- In a recent OM research productivity study published in Decision Sciences, Kouvelis was ranked:
- #2 - Total number of papers, weighted for co-authorship (Management Science publications included in all departments, with some OM linkage)
- #3 - Total number of papers , weighted for co-authorship (Management Science publications counted only in the OM department)
- #3 - Total number of papers
- #1 - Publications in MSOM
- Top 5 Operations Management Research Ranking (2015) - Ranked as the 5th most productive researcher in the field.
Kouvelis' research and insights have received media coverage in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Bloomberg, FOX Business, ABC News, Inside Supply Management, the St. Louis Post Dispatch, The Kansas City Star, and the Houston Business Journal, among others.
In the media
- "Faculty". olin.wustl.edu. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "BCSCI Faculty & Staff | WashU Olin Business School". olin.wustl.edu. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "Washington University's Olin Business School". olin.wustl.edu. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "ΕΘΝΙΚΟ ΜΕΤΣΟΒΙΟ ΠΟΛΥΤΕΧΝΕΙΟ". www.ntua.gr. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "Home page | USC Marshall". www.marshall.usc.edu. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "University of Southern California". University of Southern California. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- Stanford, ©Copyright Stanford University; California 94305. "Stanford University". Stanford University. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "The University of Texas at Austin". The University of Texas at Austin. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "Duke University". www.duke.edu. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "Duke's Fuqua School of Business". www.fuqua.duke.edu. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "Private Business School for Economics & Management". www.whu.edu. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- AvenueChicago, The University of ChicagoEdward H. Levi Hall5801 South Ellis; Us, Illinois 60637773 702 1234 Contact. "The University of Chicago". The University of Chicago. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "POMS". www.poms.org. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "Editorial Board | Manufacturing & Service Operations Management". pubsonline.informs.org. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "POMS". poms.org. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "POMS". poms.org. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- Koufteros, Xenophon A.; Babbar, Sunil; Behara, Ravi S.; Baghersad, Milad. "OM Research: Leading Authors and Institutions". Decision Sciences. n/a (n/a). doi:10.1111/deci.12452. ISSN 1540-5915.
- Shang, Guangzhi; Saladin, Brooke; Fry, Tim; Donohue, Joan (2015-10-18). "Twenty-six years of operations management research (1985–2010): authorship patterns and research constituents in eleven top rated journals". International Journal of Production Research. 53 (20): 6161–6197. doi:10.1080/00207543.2015.1037935. ISSN 0020-7543.
- 'What'd You Miss?' Full Show (2/28/2020), retrieved 2020-07-13
- "Economic fallout from coronavirus likely to be worse than SARS, expert cautions". 24 February 2020.
- "Hurricane Florence: How the Waffle House Index helps FEMA during storms".
- "The Commodity Prices Seesaw". www.ismmagazine-digital.com. Retrieved 2020-02-26.
- Nicklaus, David. "Nicklaus: Coronavirus poses big risks for U.S. and global economies". STLtoday.com. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- "Education about global logistics management contributes to business success".
- Panos Kouvelis - Google Scholar
- Panos Kouvelis - Olin Business School - Washington university
- Panos Kouvelis | The Source | Washington University in St Louis
- Panagiotis Kouvelis - dblp
- Panos Kouvelis - Google Scholar Citations
- Panos Kouvelis: Books - Amazon.in
- Panos Kouvelis - EasyChair
This article "Panos Kouvelis" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.