|Headquarters||Charlotte, North Carolina|
PV Reporter is a patient advocacy platform founded in 2013 by David Wallace. It is one of the leading patient run websites that concentrate on the MPN (myeloproliferative neoplasms) community and aims at providing easy access to information on Myeloproliferative Neoplasms, including Polycythemia Vera (PV), Essential Thrombocythemia (ET), and Myelofibrosis (MF).
PV Reporter was founded in 2013 by David Wallace with the aim to empower patients, especially those affected by the Myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPNs), a group of rare blood cancers in which excess red blood cells, white blood cells, or platelets are produced in the bone marrow.
Founder of PV Reporter, David Wallace was diagnosed with Polycythemia Vera (PV) in 2009, which became the focal point for him to create an MPN research hub where people can learn about the various aspects of the disease. The main focus of this website is to offer maximum information to patients and caregivers allowing them to make informed decisions.
The MPN Search feature by PV Reporter is a custom search engine that indexes research data, reports, stories, and news items from a multitude of resources to offer the user relevant results and keep them informed. Some of the websites from where the MPN Search Engine retrieves information are Blood Journal, MPN Research Foundation, Mayo Clinic, Clinicaltrials.gov, and others.
On this customized search engine users can search for several keywords to acquire the desired results. The highlighting feature of this search engine is that it even understands the common industry abbreviations including PV, ET, MF, and others.
PV Reporter includes a doctor vetted list of MPN Specialists across the United States on its website. The concept behind sharing this information is to assure that patients consult with doctors who specialize particularly in the treatment of Myeloproliferative Neoplasms and are up to date on the latest advancements in MPN research.
PV Reporter has been a partner led website since its inception. They include:
- MPN Research Foundation
- MPN Advocacy & Educational International
- The Patient Access Network (PAN) Foundation
- MPN Cancer Connection
- Patient Empowerment Network
- Protagonist Therapeutics
In the media
- ↑ "PV Reporter". MPN Advocacy & Education International. Retrieved 28 December 2020.
- ↑ "PV Reporter". Patient Power. Retrieved 28 December 2020.
- ↑ "PV Reporter and MPN Cancer Connection helping MPN patients since 2013". Imerman Angels. 18 September 2020. Retrieved 28 December 2020.
- ↑ "PV Reporter". Patient Empowerment Network. 20 December 2016. Retrieved 28 December 2020.
- ↑ "David Wallace | Myeloproliferative Neoplasms". MPN Cancer Connection. Retrieved 28 December 2020.
- ↑ "MPN Research Foundation-PV Reporter-Cancer Connect Create Combined Community". news.cancerconnect.com. Retrieved 28 December 2020.
- ↑ "David Wallace, Our PV Reporter: I am very fond of... - MPN Voice". HealthUnlocked. 7 January 2016. Retrieved 28 December 2020.