|Headquarters||Antrim, Northern Ireland|
Ozaroo is a Northern Irish online retailer that sells products in home and kitchen, health and beauty, pet care, garden and DIY, baby and toys departments.
It was founded in 2010 by Chris Martin while he was studying at Queen’s University Belfast. Initially called CM Direct, it started by selling second hand computer games to the Australian market, before diversifying into smartphones, baby products and electronics. Retitled Ozaroo, as one of eBay’s fastest-growing accounts, it was chosen to launch the eBay Click & Collect from the Argos service in Belfast.
Having initially sold solely to the Australian market, it now dispatches around the world, including to the UK and Ireland, achieving 2,500 per cent growth in five years. In 2017 it linked with Motorola to launch a new product.
Ozaroo won the Rising Star award as the fastest growing start-up company at the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 in 2014. In 2016 and 2017 it was the highest ranking Northern Ireland company in Deloitte’s 50 fastest growing indigenous companies, in fourth place overall.
In 2016 founder Chris Martin was named The Young Business Personality of the Year at the UTV Business Eye Awards.
In 2017 and 2018 the Financial Times announced that Ozaroo is one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe, listing it 241st in the top 1,000. In its annual report, the Financial Times also recognised Ozaroo as the third fastest-growing e-commerce company in the UK.
- "Online retailer Ozaroo scoops top award at 'BEFTAs'". The Irish News. 2 June 2018.
- "Fast 50 | Ozaroo". Deloitte Technology Fast 500.
- "Ozaroo & Colin Turkington launch eBay Click & Collect at Argos". Ozaroo.
- "Pocket money to boardroom". PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- "Ozaroo partners with Motorola to launch exclusive, limited edition". Ozaroo.
- "Ozaroo wins NI's fastest-growing startup at Deloitte Tech Awards". Ozaroo.
- "Top 50 Irish tech companies hit €1.6bn turnover". The Independent.
- "Deloitte Fast 50 beckons for Northern Ireland tech firms". Belfast Telegraph.
- "Top local companies named at 10th UTV Business Eye Awards". itv.com.
- Rininsland, Ændrew; Smith, Ian; Blood, David (11 February 2018). "The FT 1000: The complete list of Europe's fastest growing companies". Financial Times.