|Add a Photo|
|Born||January 16, 1963|
Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria
|Education||B.A (Ed) in English Language|
|Awards||Award for Patriotism and Friendship (2018)|
Omobolanle Olonisakin (born January 16, 1963) became the 13th DEPOWA President in July 2015. She is the current president of The Defence and Police Officers Wives Association(DEPOWA) and the wife of the current Chief of Defence Staff, General Abayomi Olonisakin.
Omobolanle Olonisakin, was born in Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria and attended Obafemi Awolowo University where she got an B.A (Ed) in English Language. She graduated from Harford college in Maryland, USA and became a Registered Nurse(RN.) and a member of American Nurses Association (ANA)
In her position as the president of Defence and Police Officers Wives Association DEPOWA, Omobolanle Olonisakin led the current Executive of the Association to meet the mandates of the organization in promoting relationship in the barracks, provision of succour through various intervention schemes and preparing wives of the military and police officers for post-retirement living. Particular attention has been paid to issues concerning wives of fallen-heroes, whose husbands paid the supreme sacrifice while serving Nigeria in theatres of wars. Under her leadership, DEPOWA paid intent attention to akey areas like encouraging vulnerable communities through philanthropic activities including visits to camps of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) Orphanage Homes, wounded security personnel as well as welfare activities in the barracks
As a trained educator, Omobolanle Olonisakin has led DEPOWA to organize various activities to promote learning in schools supervised by DEPOWA. Several infrastructural facilities have been put in place to ensure that learning takes place in conducive environments. This has enabled the Association support spouses of its members fully, with regard to implementing peace initiatives, resolution of conflicts and disputes by peaceful means, preventing violence and conflicts, while protecting the territorial integrity of Nigeria.
An advocate of peaceful coexistence, Omobolanle Olonisakin has continued to lead the Association in the agenda of developing themselves through learning, training and retraining activities. In 2018, DEPOWA under her leadership organized a conference themed: ‘’The Role of Defence and Police Officers’ Wives in National Security: Issues, Challenges and Way Forward” directed at aimed institutionalizing a system-based response to issues of military family lifestyle; thereby contributing to national peace and development. She has also led Initiatives of launching that helps the public better understand of the roles of the military and their families in securing Nigeria, which got wide review and acceptance.
In October 2019, Omobolanle Olonisakin announced a programme titled, Be The Change, which would train 300 youths in Ekiti State in skills like Makeup and Gele Tying, Barbing, Tie and Dyeing, Bag Making, Grinding Machine Operation, Beads Stringing and Tile Installation
Due to her continued patriotism and friendship, Omobolanle was in March, 2018 given the “Award for Patriotism and Friendship” by Central Council of Ibadan Indigenes (CCII), the umbrella body of Ibadan indigenous socio-cultural groups.
In the media
- "OMOBOLANLE OLONISAKIN, PRESIDENT DEPOWA – Center for Economic & Leadership Development". Retrieved 2020-02-21.
- "MRS OLONISAKIN TAKES OVER FROM MRS BADEH AS DEPOWA PRESIDENT". Nigerian Defence Info. 5 August 2015. Retrieved 21 February 2020.
- "DEPOWA restates commitment to welfare of widows of fallen heroes". The Sun Nigeria. 2019-12-12. Retrieved 2020-03-04.
- "DEPOWA donates relief materials to IDPs in Nasarawa community". guardian.ng. 13 January 2020. Retrieved 2020-03-04.
- "DEPOWA Visits Orphanage Home, Donates Provisions – Security Affairs and TV". Retrieved 2020-03-04.
- "100 Wounded Soldiers At Army Hospital Get DEPOWA Support". Channels Television. Retrieved 2020-03-04.
- "Defence Headquarters Nigeria". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2020-03-04.
- "Women, youths empowerment paramount to peace in Nigeria ― DEPOWA". Tribune Online. 2018-10-15. Retrieved 2020-03-06.
- "DEPOWA trains military officers' wives on prudent resources mgt". The Sun Nigeria. 2019-08-28. Retrieved 2020-03-06.
- "Military, police officers wives conference opens in Abuja". The Sun Nigeria. 2018-08-16. Retrieved 2020-03-04.
- "AISHA BUHARI LAUDS DEPOWA ON SOCIAL INTERVENTION SCHEME… Unveils Book on Nation's Defence". Nigerian Defence info. 2019-04-06. Retrieved 2020-03-04.
- "Be The Change Programme: Army/Police Officers Wives Train 300 Youths".
- Abas, Akeem (2018-03-08). "Olonisakin, 10 others bag Ibadan prestigious awards". NNN NEWS. Retrieved 2020-02-21.
- OMOBOLANLE OLONISAKIN, PRESIDENT DEPOWA
- omobolanle-olonisakin News — Latest On Omobolanle
- Omobolanle Olonisakin Archives – The Sun Nigeria
- DEPOWA donates relief materials to IDPs
- Omobolanle Olonisakin – Independent Newspapers Nigeria
- Olonisakin Archives - Vanguard News
This article "Omobolanle Olonisakin" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.