March 22, 1992
London, United Kingdom
|Years active||2018 – present|
|Known for||Managing Shauna Shadae, Jade Silviia, SNE|
|Height||177 cm (5 ft 10 in)|
|Title||Musician & A&R Manager|
Niyah Smith (born 22 March 1992) is a British musician, producer, songwriter, engineer, consultant, artist manager, A&R manager, events manager, and entrepreneur. He co-founded Richouse Entertainment, and is the marketing consultant at Hot Money Digital.Smith is best known for managing Shauna Shadae, Jade Silvia
Smith specializes in songwriting, post-production (mixing & mastering), and guiding young musicians to achieve stardom. Smith has been featured in several media outlets including Influencive, ZEE 5, NetNewsLedger, Tricity Daily, Seekers Time, The American Reporter, American Daily Post, Verna Magazine, Disrupt Magazine, BBC, and others.
Early life and education
Smith was born on 22 March 1992 in London, United Kingdom, and hails of Jamaican descent. He grew up in Homerton, East London with three siblings, surrounding crime and violence. Since he was a kid, Smith was inclined towards a vast range of music genres such as R&B, Soul, Reggae, Rap, Jazz, Gospel, House, and Afrobeats. During his middle school, Smith played tennis and even participated in national tournaments.
In 2010, Smith attended the University of Hertfordshire, where he pursued a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Management. After graduating in 2012, he decided to hone his skills as a musician, in 2019 Niyah enrolled in the Notting Hill Academy of Music course specializing in A&R and artist management. Smith also went to Stoke Newington media arts college which was home to musicians like Paigey Cakey, Labrynth and boxer Lawrence Okolie.
Smith started his career in 2012 when he realized his passion for music and decided to turn it into a career choice. After working on numerous freelance projects, Smith in 2014 founded Richouse Entertainment, an artist management firm and music consultancy which he founded in 2014. where he overlooks the artist management department, social media, events, merchandise & consultancy. RicHouse has hosted multiple sold-out events with appearances by Stefflon Don, Unknown T & Rara.
In 2018, Smith was appointed the A&R manager at 54 London Record Label, a subsidiary label at Universal Music Group. 54 London was created by Smith’s friend Stefflon Don. Since then, Smith has been associated with this label, assuming different roles such as cover signing, developing, and overseeing artists' projects.
As of 2021, Smith is managing Shauna Shadae, Jade Silviia and SNE. He also hosts numerous music business seminars and invites music industry executives from across the UK to join him in sharing advice, their success stories, and tips to help the upcoming musicians.
Smith, in the recent past, also released his debut single called No Kickers featuring fellow East London artist SNE. This song highlights his life story of growing up in East London and his struggles as a kid.
Smith, in 2012 was sentenced to eight years and six months imprisonment for possession of a fire arm. At that time he was 20 years old. He served four years and three months at five different prisons – Littlehey, Highpoint, Feltham, Warren Hill, and Hollesley Bay.
Smith is married to Rianne Lee-Own and they have a child named Samiyah Lee-Own-Smith. He is fluent in English and Portuguese.
In the media
- "We dig deeper into the life of Musician & Entrepreneur Niyah Smith". Verna Magazine. 22 March 2021. Retrieved 3 April 2021.
- "Niyah Smith Drops By To Talk About The Journey From Prison To Music Executive". Clout News. 23 March 2021. Retrieved 3 April 2021.
- "A&R Spotlight With Musician Niyah Smith". Disrupt Magazine. 23 March 2021. Retrieved 3 April 2021.
- Stokes, Wendy (24 March 2021). "Niyah Smith, the Music Executive Who Succeeded in Following Dreams Despite Setbacks". The Frisky. Retrieved 3 April 2021.
- "Entrepreneur & Musician Niyah Smith Breaks Down the Financial Side of the Music Business". in.style.yahoo.com. Retrieved 3 April 2021.
- Smith, Niyah. "Niyah Smith on about.me". about.me. Retrieved 3 April 2021.
- "Niyah Smith". IMDb. Retrieved 3 April 2021.
- Dhaliwal, Rishma (1 April 2021). "NEW MUSIC | NIYAH RELEASES DEBUT ALBUM 'NO KICKERS'". I Am Hip-Hop Magazine. Retrieved 3 April 2021.