|Add a Photo|
Niqolas Sean Brake Ruud
July 8, 1996
|Citizenship||United States of America|
Niq Ruud (born July 8, 1996) is an American author and pastor. His areas of interest include systematic theology, eschatology, world religions, and leadership.
Ruud was born on July 8, 1996 in Portland, Oregon. His parents, devout Seventh-day Adventists, raised him in the church. Ruud's father, classically trained as a mortician, frequently moved the family around the western United States to follow new job opportunities. His mother, a nurse, was ill for much of his childhood, suffering from severe endometriosis, mixed-connective tissue disease, and lyme disease. As such, the family often struggled financially.
While an undergraduate student, Ruud became an avid rock and alpine climber, summiting numerous peaks and putting up several first ascents in the Pacific Northwest and elsewhere. He has received several grant awards from the American Alpine Club for his climbing achievements. During this same time, Ruud lived out of his car to afford college tuition.
In the summer of 2019 he married his wife, Josephine, also a graduate of Walla Walla University.  They have no children.
Homeschooled through the 8th grade by his mother, Ruud attended Upper Columbia Academy in Spangle, Washington for high school. In 2015 he was named the school's notable graduate as featured in the Spokesman Review.
Ruud then attended Walla Walla University in College Place, Washington where he studied religion under the likes of Pedrito Maynard-Reid, Alden Thompson, Paul Dybdahl, Mathilde Frey, and Darold Bigger. He minored in journalism as well as public speaking, and wrote a weekly column in the school's newspaper entitled "Ruud Remarks." While attending Walla Walla University Ruud also gave a popular TEDx talk on the benefits of solitude, which has over 1/4 million views online.
After graduating in 2019 with a BA from Walla Walla University, he enrolled at Grand Canyon Theological Seminary in Phoenix, Arizona. Ruud has been studying for an MA in Christian leadership, to be completed in 2021.
Upon finishing his bachelor's degree, he began working as a pastor in the Arizona Conference of Seventh-day Adventists. Ruud currently works at Revive Church in Prescott, Arizona. While in Prescott, he and several other former Walla Walla University students began an independent multimedia ministry The Young Project. He serves as the project's podcast host.
Ruud is also author. His forthcoming and debut book, Only Love, is currently in the editing phase. As a writer for blogs and articles, he is known for engaging his audience with whimsy and exciting narrative. Ruud has also been a hopeful proponent of the controversial theological issue of universal salvation as demonstrated by the likes of Thomas Talbott, Julie Fewerda, Robin Parry, Richard Rohr, David Bently Hart, and others.
In the media
- "About - Niq Ruud". us19.campaign-archive.com. Retrieved 2020-06-12.
- "The Ruud Family Story". Foundation ONE. Retrieved 2020-06-12.
- "Niq Ruud on Mountain Project". Mountain Project. Retrieved 2020-06-12.
- "Mountaineering Fellowship Grant". The American Alpine Club.
- "Jo Stubbs and Niq Ruud's Wedding Website". www.theknot.com. Retrieved 2020-06-12.
- Rogers, Adrian. "Upper Columbia graduate is 'stoked' for success despite setbacks | The Spokesman-Review". www.spokesman.com. Retrieved 2020-06-12.
- "Department of Theology". Walla Walla University.
- Ruud, Niq. "The Collegian".
- "Westwind, Summer 2016". Issuu. Retrieved 2020-06-13.
- Ruud, Niqolas. "The Art of Alone". www.youtube.com. Retrieved 2020-06-12.
- "Niq Ruud LinkedIn". LinkedIn.
- Kettering Adventist Church, KLIFE Update ft. Niqolas Ruud, retrieved 2020-06-12
- "Church News: Easter Weekend". The Daily Courier. Retrieved 2020-06-12.
- "Staff | Revive Church". Revive Prescott. Retrieved 2020-06-12.
- "The Team". The Young Project. Retrieved 2020-06-12.
- "Book - Niq Ruud". us19.campaign-archive.com. Retrieved 2020-06-12.
- Niq Ruud on instagram
- Niq Ruud on linkedin
- Niq Ruud on twitter
- Niq Ruud on facebook
- Niq Ruud youtube channel
- Niqolas RUUD | Master of Arts | Revive Church - ResearchGate
- The Art of Alone: Intentional Solitude by Niqolas Ruud