National Centre for Farmer Health
|Purpose||Strategies that improve health,well-being and safety.|
|Headquarters||Hamilton, western Victoria, Australia|
The National Centre for Farmer Health (NCFH) is a partnership between Western District Health Service (WDHS) and Deakin University and is located in Hamilton, Victoria, western Victoria, Australia. The NCFH includes professionals from health, agriculture, education, social sciences and information technology disciplines.
Their focus is on strategies that improve the health, well-being and safety of Farmer|farm men and women, farm workers, Family farm|farming families and farming communities.
The Centre was founded in 2008 with a philanthropic donation from the Helen and Geoff Handbury Trust and the Victorian Government. It was officially opened by the then John Brumby Premier in July 2009. The Centre evolved from the Sustainable Farm Families™, a health promotion program which has now been adopted internationally by the Alberta Farm Safety Centre in Canada.
The Centre's core funding comes from the Government of Victoria Government, alongside corporate partnerships with Rural Bank and Metalcorp. The Centre's Funding of science comes from a combination of Foundation (nonprofit)|philanthropic foundations (including the Shepherd Foundation, The William Buckland Foundation), non-profit organisations (including Beyond Blue) and government funding (including the Australian Research Council and National Health and Medical Research Council)
The NCFH deliver health promotion programs in Rural area communities around Australia.
- mental health and suicide prevention (for example: The Ripple Effect)
- Agricultural safety and health|farm safety (for example: All-terrain vehicle bike safety research in partnership with WorkSafe Victoria and Monash University), and
- Agrochemical|agrichemical exposure
The NCFH provides postgraduate training for Health professional|health professionals and the agriculture industry in Agricultural safety and health and medicine, which is delivered with Deakin University School of Medicine.
The NCFH provides health information via a HONcode (Health on the Net) accredited website.
- Victorian Government Health Information
- ABC News Article - Canada adopts Australian farmer health program in global collaboration to 'change the way farmers think'
- The Standard - Cut the fat of the land: Centre tackles farmers' health
- "GEOFF HANDBURY". Gayle Tierney MP - Member for Western Victoria. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
- "Centre thrown funding lifeline". www.weeklytimesnow.com.au. 2014-07-01. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
- Rural Bank Partnership
- Metalcorp Partnership
- "Shepherd Foundation - Past grants". www.shepherdfoundation.org.au. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
- "All About Our Latest Grants". Victorian Women's Trust. 2017-08-24. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
- beyondblue. "The Ripple Effect shares farmers' stories of suicide". www.beyondblue.org.au. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
- "Hearing Services - Shhh hearing in a farming environment" (PDF).
- "Make health a top priority". The Wimmera Mail-Times. 2019-07-24. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
- "Graduate Certificate of Agricultural Health and Medicine". www.deakin.edu.au. Retrieved 2020-08-17.
This article "National Centre for Farmer Health" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.