|Canada and US|
|Products||Furniture and Home|
Nathan James is an e-commerce home furnishings manufacturer and retailer. The company was founded in 2016 by Brooke Burdon, Ryan Weinstein, and Roy Nakouzi. Nathan James is best known for its affordable, long-lasting and easy to assemble products.
Nathan James is a fully distributed (remote) company with employees in over eleven countries. They recognized early that there was something broken about the way the world was working. With rushed deadlines, ASAP, and the bottom line over all mentality, leading to unhappiness amongst the team.
They are trying to do it a little differently, to build and organize the company around calmness and rationale. Their values, workplace (albeit digital), and benefits are designed to support a sustainable, healthy relationship both at work and away from work. They are all about reasonable working hours, sharing profit, ample vacation time, wellness, education, comfort, and giving back. Their operating values go a little deeper to provide the framework they use to build this type of organization.
Nathan James is a people-first company, design-first home. A home furnishing company focusing on the habits of urban dwellers and first time home buyers. Focusing on best in class customer happiness, providing the highest possible quality products that are affordable for the majority and assembly that isn't dreadful.
They had people as a north star from day one. Starting the company as remote and encouraging everyone to work in whichever manner that helps them perform their best.
Nathan James has partnered with Amazon, Wayfair, The Home Depot, Walmart, and Hayneedle for its retail operations across the US and Canada. Over the years, the company has successfully built a large customer base by offering top-notch consumer services along with a range of additional offers like a 90-day free return policy and a lifetime manufacturer warranty.
The idea of creating Nathan James was conceived by Brooke Burdon when she moved out of her parent’s home at the age of 22. To create a chic interior for her new home, Burdon did extensive research on furniture and found out that the pieces she liked the most were not affordable, and those that were, become a serious headache to assemble.
Burdon quit her job and used her savings to rent a workspace for Nathan James and started its operations by ordering swatches, materials, and test shipments from overseas. Within a month of its inception, Nathan James celebrated its first $1M ARR and within three months they had reached profitability.
- Shoe Racks
- Entertainment Cabinets
- Media Units
- Storage Units
- Rolling Bar Carts
- Bistro Tables
- Breakfast Tables
- Coffee Tables
- Side Tables
- Night Stands
- Dining Sets
- Dining Tables
- Faux Marble
- Bar Carts
- Pub Tables
- Counter Bar Stools
Shelf and Beds
- Floating Shelf
In the media
- "My Home Office Update with Nathan James". The Voyage Society. 31 October 2019. Retrieved 17 October 2020.
- "Working at Nathan James". Glassdoor. Retrieved 17 October 2020.
- "Kalos 40 Inch Desk White | Gorgeous rug, Home office computer desk, Office playroom". Pinterest.
- "Nathan James - Overview, News & Competitors | ZoomInfo.com". ZoomInfo. Retrieved 17 October 2020.
- "My Home Office Update with Nathan James". nathanjames.com/. 31 October 2019.
- "Furniture retailers plan major discounts for Amazon Prime Day". Woodworking Network. 28 September 2020. Retrieved 17 October 2020.
- "Furniture-Nathan-James-Home-Kitchen". www.amazon.ca. Retrieved 17 October 2020.
- "Nathan James Furniture". www.homedepot.com. Retrieved 17 October 2020.
- "Nathan James". Walmart.com. Retrieved 17 October 2020.
- "Organize Your Home Office with These 5 Top-Rated Amazon Products". Better Homes & Gardens. Retrieved 17 October 2020.
- "Nathan James Furniture Sales | Real Simple". www.realsimple.com. Retrieved 17 October 2020.
- "Deals & Discounts on Nathan James Bedroom Furniture | Martha Stewart". www.marthastewart.com. Retrieved 17 October 2020.