Nana Moon (game developer)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Add a Photo|
|Born||April 28, 1991|
|Known for||For developing Virgo Versus The Zodiac Game.|
Nana Moon (born April 28, 1991) is a Brazilian video game developer, writer, artist and CEO of Moonana Inc. She is best known for developing the games Virgo Versus The Zodiac and Keylocker.
Nana first began developing games when she discovered Nanoreno, a Visual Novel Game Jam and decided to participate. After completing Nanoreno, she released a Visual Novel demo named Unichan for free on Itch.io on April 8, 2016, under the name Umiloo. Shortly after, she found the RPG LiEat on Steam and discovered RPG Maker while researching what game engine had been used to create LiEat. She released the short game Mission Whaled on February 3, 2017 using the RPG Maker engine, having developed it in only two days.
Virgo Versus The Zodiac
Nana's first full length game Virgo Versus The Zodiac started development in January 2017. Originally created using RPG Maker, the Turn Based RPG featured themes of heresy and purges, as interpretations of the Zodiac signs would clash in a charming world of mythological beings, fantasy creatures and supernatural deities. A demo of the game was released to the public on May 26, 2017 and in September 2017 a crowdfunding campaign was launched and successfully completed on Fig.co, raising a total of $38,571 to secure funding for the development of the full release. After the completion of the crowdfunding campaign it was announced that the game would be migrating to GameMaker Studio 2, citing a lack of ability to deliver on the features of the game and increased ability to port to other platforms. After signing with Publisher Degica Games and showcasing the GameMaker Studio 2 version of the game at Bitsummit 2019, Virgo Versus The Zodiac was released on Steam on December 12, 2019. It received favorable critic reviews and an 80% on Metacritic.
Keylocker | Turn Based Cyberpunk Action
Nana's next project, Keylocker, a Cyberpunk Turn-Based Rhythm RPG inspired by the Mario & Luigi Series and Chrono Trigger was revealed on June 11, 2020 during the Escapist Indie Showcase. Nana was a participant in the 2020 Game Devs of Color Expo, showcasing Keylocker's Classes for the first time. Keylocker's release date has yet to be announced.
|2016||Unichan||Scriptwriter, UI artist, Programmer|
|2017||Mission Whaled||Lead Developer, Writer|
|2019||Virgo Versus The Zodiac||Director, Lead Designer, Writer, Artist|
|TBA||Keylocker | Turn Based Cyberpunk Action||Director, Lead Designer, Writer, Artist|
- "moonana". Twitter. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "Nana Moon Profile". LinkedIn.
- "Virgo vs The Zodiac, Developer Interview". blog.rpgmakerweb.com. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "Ren'Py Games List". games.renpy.org. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "Mission Whaled, an indie Adventure RPG game for RPG Maker MV :: rpgmaker.net". rpgmaker.net. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "Good and bad news, CHECK THIS OUT PLZ". Moonana Games. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "Purge Adorable Personified Zodiac Signs Of Their Sins In This Turn-Based RPG". Siliconera. 2017-04-29. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "Virgo vs the Zodiac Blog :: DEMO available! :: rpgmaker.net". rpgmaker.net. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "The Crowdfunding Campaign is OUT!". Moonana Games. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "Choices Affect The Story & Character Of Virgo Vs The Zodiac's Villainous Protagonist". Siliconera. 2017-09-07. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "Virgo Vs The Zodiac Crowdfunding Campaign". Fig. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!". Moonana Games. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "Sci-fi fantasy RPG Virgo Versus the Zodiac launches this fall for PC". Gematsu. 2019-05-13. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "Virgo VS The Zodiac Coming Fall 2019". www.gamasutra.com. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "Virgo VS The Zodiac *OUT NOW!*". gamaphp.gamasutra.com. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "RPG 'Virgo Versus the Zodiac' Aims to Make Every Battle Meaningful & Challenging". Indie Games Plus. 2019-12-12. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- Fuller, Alex. "Virgo Versus the Zodiac Review". RPGamer. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "Virgo Versus The Zodiac Review - What's Your Sign?". Noisy Pixel. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "Virgo Versus the Zodiac". RPGFan. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- Fern, Austin; Fern, Austin (2019-12-09). "Not quite an Undertale — Virgo Versus the Zodiac review". GAMING TREND. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "Virgo Vs The Zodiac". Metacritic. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "RPGamer 2019 Awards – Most Overlooked". RPGamer. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "RPGamer 2019 Awards – Michael A. Cunningham Memorial Award". RPGamer. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "Moonana Unveils Cyberpunk Music-Themed RPG Keylocker". Hardcore Gamer. 2020-06-11. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- Fuller, Alex. "Moonana Reveals Keylocker". RPGamer. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "Check the Steam Page and make sure to wishlist!". Moonana Games. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "Exclusive: Keylocker Is a Musical RPG About Starting a Riot". Escapist Magazine. 2020-06-11. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "Game Devs of Color Expo, Online-Only in its Fifth Year, Announces Full Lineup of Participating Games and Developer Talks". www.gamasutra.com. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "My Favorite Games From Today's Game Devs of Color Expo Direct". Kotaku. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- Fuller, Alex. "Keylocker Trailer Shows Classes". RPGamer. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- "Umiloo Studios". itch.io. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
This article "Nana Moon (game developer)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.