July 13, 1997
|Alma mater||The Ohio State University|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
Nadiem Musleh (born July 13, 1997), widely recognized by his stage name, Nadiem, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, entrepreneur, and philanthropist. Nadiem's musical journey soared to prominence with the release of his debut EP, "Exception," in 2018. His music style is characterized by a distinctive fusion of genres and thought-provoking lyrics that swiftly garnered global recognition.
Nadiem's notable musical works include tracks such as "Venom" (2018), "Tonight" (2019), "Wristwatch" (2021), and "Hold My Weight" (2023), along with his seminal EP "Exception" (2018). His music is accessible on major streaming platforms, including Spotify, Amazon Music, Tidal, Apple Music, and YouTube.
Nadiem's entrepreneurial spirit led to the creation of "Exception: Defeat The Label," a clothing brand promoting self-expression and meaningful dialogue. His philanthropic endeavors further highlight his commitment to making a positive impact on society.
Early life and education
Nadiem was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio, within a family of diverse heritage. His mother, of Catholic European descent, and his father, a Palestinian Muslim, provided him with a unique perspective on diversity and human connection. Growing up in a family facing financial hardships, Nadiem found solace and motivation in academics.
He completed his secondary education at Garrett Morgan High School, where his academic performance earned him a scholarship under the Office of Diversity and Inclusion at The Ohio State University. At the university, Nadiem pursued a double major in music production and psychology.
During his time at Ohio State University, Nadiem had the opportunity to collaborate with the university on a song titled "60K" for the football team.
In June 2018, Nadiem released his debut EP titled "Exception." The EP aimed to address contemporary issues of oppression while providing a platform for him to express his personal struggles. Nadiem's versatility in blending various music genres, from hip-hop to rock, has set him apart as an eclectic and highly regarded musical artist.
In 2019, he embarked on his first headlining tour, achieving resounding success with sold-out venues in multiple cities, including Cleveland, Columbus, and Chicago. His musical journey further extended to cities such as New York, Dallas, and Phoenix, expanding his reach and audience.
He has also demonstrated his ability to collaborate with influential figures in the music industry with a collaboration single, "Wristwatch," featuring YK Osiris that gained popularity on platforms like TikTok and solidified his presence in contemporary music.
Nadiem has also established his own music production company, Nadiem Music LLC. Under the label, he independently releases his own songs, further showcasing his autonomy and creative vision in the music industry. His musical works, including tracks like "Venom" (2018), "Tonight" (2019), "Wristwatch" (2021), and "Hold My Weight" (2023).
Entrepreneurship & philanthropy
Beyond his music career, Nadiem has launched "Exception: Defeat The Label," a clothing brand. The brand offers stylish apparel and serves as a platform for meaningful discussions, encouraging individuals to express themselves and embrace their unique identities. He has continuously donated funds to his home land in hopes to build a better future for his people.
In 2019, Nadiem donated more than half the profits from his merchandise sales to support individuals involved in the Sudanese conflict.
- Venom (2018)
- 60K (2018)
- Tonight (2019)
- Lost (2019)
- Wristwatch (2021)
- Hold My Weight (2023)
- Exception (2018)
In the media
- "Nadiem (Nadiem Musleh): A Forward-Thinking Force in the Music Scene, Crossing Borders and Breaking Barriers". Home of Hip Hop Videos & Rap Music, News, Video, Mixtapes & more. 4 September 2023. Retrieved 18 September 2023.
- "The Resilience Of Nadiem Musleh: A Trailblazing Story In The Music Industry - Muzic Times". muzictimes.com. 3 September 2023. Retrieved 18 September 2023.
- Daxsen, David (2 September 2023). "Diverse Roots, Global Beats: Nadiem Musleh's Fusion of Cultures in Music and Entrepreneurship". Mentors Collective. Retrieved 18 September 2023.
- "Going Deep with the Nadiem You Thought You Knew…". Music in Motion Rocks. 21 January 2020. Retrieved 18 September 2023.
- Daxsen, David (30 August 2023). "From Cleveland to Global Stages: Nadiem's Unique Journey in Music and Business". TheCineTalk. Retrieved 18 September 2023.
- "Columbus' Own: Nadiem Musleh uses music as a way to find peace and express himself". The Lantern. 22 February 2019. Retrieved 18 September 2023.
- "Class of 2019: Nadia and Nadiem Musleh | Department of Psychology". psychology.osu.edu. Retrieved 18 September 2023.