|Add a Photo|
|Born||April 30, 1983|
Mujtaba Kamal (born April, 30 1983) is an Indian pro-boxing promoter, boxing coach and the former international-level boxer. He is currently the national head coach at Cult.Fit, a chain of fitness clubs in Bengaluru and has trained and coached various celebrities including Bollywood actress Sonakshi Sinhaand two-time national boxing champion and International IBO Oceania title holder Asad Asif Khan.
Mujtaba Kamal started his boxing career at the age of 10. In 1995 he won the bronze medal at the national boxing championship held in Allahabad and represent India at various international events. In 2000 and 2001 he won the best boxer award in the under 19 categories and went to senior and junior level tournaments in Cuba and Bulgaria and won the gold medal in the Asian Boxing Championship of 2001.
In 2000, He was qualified to quarterfinals at Brandenburg Cup held in Germany and won the gold medal. He was also qualified to quarterfinals at Satranja Cup in Bulgaria 2002 and the government of India inducted him into the Indian Railways under sports category the same year. He left amateur boxing in 2005 and went to Hong Kong and Singapore to compete. However, he was forced to retire from professional boxing after sustaining a severe injury to the jaw. He won 11 medals in 12 national championships and represented India at various international events till 2005.
In 2007, post his retirement he moved to Hong Kong where he fought professional bouts and also worked as a boxing coach and then in 2010, he moved to Singapore where he joined the Vanda Boxing Club and was appointed as the head coach for corporate fights (white-collar boxing). He was approached to participate in the first Super Boxing League, a Boxing tournament, during which he coached the Haryana team.
- 2000, Best boxer award in All India Championship
- 2009, Best Sportsperson award in West-Bengal
- 2000, Best boxer award in National Championship
In the media
- Natasha Coutinho. "Sonakshi Sinha is packing a punch".
- LockerRoom Team (May 8, 2020). "How Kamal Mujtaba is forging a pack of top Indian boxers".
- SHWETA KESHRI (April 12, 2014). "Boxer behind Sonakshi's upper cut - City gym trainer is star coach".
- Pramita Ghosh (June 6, 2016). "Ali, a thought immortal".
- IANS (December 24, 2019). "Asad Asif Khan clinches IBO Oceania title".
- Muneef Khan (November 6, 2019). "Entering the ring to train budding boxers".
- Imran Mohammed Ali (September 14, 2000). "Mujtaba Kamal Amature Boxing Record references".
- Indo-Asian News Service (February 25, 2007). "Dingko Singh strides into semi-final".
- Adwaidh Rajan (October 30, 2017). "Turning boxing into a fitness tool, bout by bout".
- Ramzauva Chhakchhuak (August 28, 2007). "Knocked down by injury, he trains film stars now".
- NDTVSports (February 25, 2007). "Qamar, Belwar in last four".
This article "Mujtaba Kamal" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.