|Industry||ASIC Chip Development|
|Headquarters||Shenzhen, Hong Kong|
Number of locations
MicroBT specializes in the research, production, and distribution of ASIC chips and products, as well as system solutions and technical services. The company, since its inception, has been developing ASIC chips and other ancillary products integral for operations in the cloud computing, artificial intelligence, and blockchain industries.
MicroBT, legally registered as Shenzhen Bit Microelectronics Technology Co., Ltd. MicroBT Technology Co. Ltd. was established in 2016 by Yang Zuoxing, a renowned serial entrepreneur with over two decades of experience in technology management, chip design, business, and company management. MicroBT is the only company in the crypto miner manufacturing industry with Chinese ownership.
In 2020, MicroBT partnered with a New York-based subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG) - Foundry Digital and a south-east Asian company to improve its supply chain efficiencies and expand its business in North America. In 2021, MicroBT partnered with Bitfarms to further expand its business in Canada.
Products and services
MicroBT develops chips ranging from 28nm, 16nm, and 7nm and other ancillary products. As of 2021, the company offers five ASIC miner models - M20S, M10, M10S, D1, and M21.
MicroBT Whatsminer M40
M40 delivers (410 TH/s) Tera Hashes Per Second for a power consumption of 2570W. Hashrate: 410TH/s, a variation of ±5% is expected Chips: 7NM Power Consumption: 2570W±10%, and can be used in SHA256 Algorithm mining.
MicroBT Whatsminer M30s++
M30S++ delivers (112 TH/s) Tera Hashes Per Second. PSU included hashrate: 112TH/s, a variation of ±5% is expected Chips: 12NM Power Consumption: 3100W±10%.
MicroBT Whatsminer D1
D1V1 is a PSU included Decred Miner with a hashing power of ~44 th/s BLAKE-(14r) and consumption power consumption of ~2200W.
MicroBT Whatsminer M10S
M10S is A 16nm SHA-256 Algorithm ASIC miner, with a hash rate of 55th/s (+-5%) and consumption power of 3500w (+-10%).
In the media
- "Chinese Producer Microbt Has Launched Their MicroBT M40". in.news.yahoo.com. Retrieved 25 October 2021.
- "MicroBT Sets Up First Offshore Bitcoin Miner Factory to Expand US Market Share". coindesk.com. Retrieved 25 October 2021.
- "MicroBT - The Most Trustworthy Bitcoin Miner Provider". Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies Tabloid. 14 June 2019. Retrieved 25 October 2021.
- "Hut 8 Mining Announces Purchase of 12,000 New MicroBT Miners for Delivery Starting January 2022". prnewswire.com. Retrieved 25 October 2021.
- "Bitfarms Becomes the First Authorized MicroBT Service Center in Canada". www.businesswire.com. 12 May 2021. Retrieved 25 October 2021.
- "MicroBT – The Most Trustworthy Bitcoin Miner Provider". Coindoo. Retrieved 25 October 2021.
- "Bitfarms Announces Purchase Agreement for 48,000 MicroBT Miners to Expand Hash Rate Capacity by over 5.0 EH and named to TSXV's Top 50 Listing". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 25 October 2021.