|Add a Photo|
Michael Larren Faye
July 6, 1980
New York,, USA
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Alma mater||Harvard University|
|Title||President and co-founder|
|Parent(s)||Gayle and Ronald|
Michael Larren Faye, born July 6, 1980, is an American economist and social entrepreneur. He is the President and co-founder of GiveDirectly, a non-profit that sends unconditional cash transfers to people living in extreme poverty... He is also the co-founder of Segovia Technology and co-founder and CEO of Taptap Send
Background and education
Michael was born and raised in New York, and is the first son of Gayle and Ronald, who both worked as public school teachers. He received his B.A. in Mathematics and Classics from Harvard University in 2002, and completed a PhD in Business Economics at Harvard in 2009. He worked as a research analyst on the United Nations Millennium Project and as an Associate Partner at McKinsey and Company where he focused on tech, risk, and regulation in the financial services industry. Michael went on to co-found GiveDirectly, a non-profit specializing in sending unconditional cash transfers to those living in extreme poverty, in 2009; Segovia Technology, a software company and mobile payment network that is making it easier for organizations to pay and be paid by anyone, anytime, anywhere in emerging markets, in 2014; and Taptap Send, a direct to consumer payment solution for emerging markets, in 2018
In the media
- "Researchers Find A Remarkable Ripple Effect When You Give Cash To Poor Families". NPR.org. Retrieved 2020-08-11.
- "Segovia: A New Player in Cash Transfers". Council on Foreign Relations. Retrieved 2020-08-11.
- Goldstein, Dana (2012-12-21). "Can 4 Economists Build the Most Economically Efficient Charity Ever?". The Atlantic. Retrieved 2020-08-11.
- Sachs, Jeffrey D (2004). "Ending Africa's Poverty Trap" (PDF). Brookings Papers on Economic Activity. Brookings Institute. 1.
- "Bloomberg - Are you a robot?". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2020-08-11.
- Michael Faye on Twitter
- Michael Faye | President & Co-Founder of GiveDirectly
- Michael Faye on linkedin
- Michael Faye | Innovations for Poverty Action
- Michael Faye | World Economic Forum
- Michael Faye - CEO, Co Founder @ Taptap Send
- Interview: Michael Faye of GiveDirectly | Alliance
- Michael Faye – Social Enterprise Conference
This article "Michael Faye" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.