|Born||January 17, 1981|
|Alma mater||Mansfield University|
|Organization||Your Money Geek|
|Height||6 ft 5 in (196 cm)|
Michael Dinich (born 17 January 1981) is an American entrepreneur, journalist, personal finance expert, podcaster, and YouTuber. He is the founder of Your Money Geek, a popular website that offers approachable personal finance advice and pop culture news and commentary.
For over two decades he offered objective financial planning, investment management, and tax planning counsel to clients across the country. Winner of multiple awards, Dinich was in the Top 1% of the industry. A trusted advisor, a majority of his clients returned year after year to seek his advice.
Early life and education
Dinich was born on 17 January 1981 in Norristown, PA, to Michael R. Dinich and Bonnie Haines. He enrolled at the Mansfield University of Pennsylvania, where he pursued a degree in Economics.
For over 20 years, Dinich worked as a financial advisor. In 2018 he established Your Money Geek, an online platform to offer in-depth, well-researched, yet easy to understand articles to help his readers make informed decisions.
Your Money Geek is one of the leading sources for personal finance advice as well as pop culture news. It covers many topics ranging from finance to entertainment. From assisting people in debts, saving money for retirement, dealing with an emergency, or saving up some extra cash to enjoy their favorite comic convention, Dinich’s site covers it all.
Dinich is married to Elizabeth Dinich, and they have two children. In his free time, Dinich likes to watch movies and play video games.
In the media
- "Michael Dinich - Career Advice Author | The Ladders". www.theladders.com. Retrieved 30 August 2021.
- "Michael Dinich, Founder of Your Money Geek - Starter Story". www.starterstory.com. Retrieved 30 August 2021.
- "Michael Dinich". Grow from Acorns + CNBC. 9 March 2021. Retrieved 30 August 2021.
- "Your Money Geek Takes On Pop Culture, Responsible Credit Use, and Smart Financial Living". CardRates.com. 27 July 2021. Retrieved 30 August 2021.
- "Your Money Geek Blog Blends Finance and Fandom for a Fun Approach to Managing Money and Debt". BadCredit.org. Retrieved 30 August 2021.
- "Michael Dinich | Your Money Geek Journalist | Muck Rack". muckrack.com. Retrieved 30 August 2021.
- "Michael Dinich". IMDb. Retrieved 30 August 2021.