|Born||July 26, 1983|
|Years active||2004 - present|
|Known for||Boom Journal|
Matt West (born 26 July 1983) is an American psychologist, entrepreneur, and podcaster. He is the founder of the Boom Journal, a health & wellness journal that aims at empowering people to be productive and promotes positive and mindful learning.
Matt West is best known for his app Boom Journal. In addition he is the host Brain Boom Podcast that features insightful stories along with frequencies. He specializes in leveraging neuroscience and cognitive behavioral therapy to empower people via his digital platform, Boom Journal.
Matt West often speaks on topics such as mental health, purposeful creativity, mindful movement, self-care, to name a few. He has been featured in several media outlets including Voyagela, Net News Ledger, NY Wire, Yahoo, Medium, Seekers Time, Thrive Global, Mind Body Green, and others.
Early life and education
Matt West was born in Northridge, CA, on July 26th, 1983. He grew up in Los Angeles, California, in the small town of Palmdale. In 2000, when Matt West was in Junior High School, he was diagnosed with Osgood-Schlatter disease (OSD). During this time, he was inspired by his Psychology Teacher, Mr. Prince, who taught him to understand why people do what they do, what really drives people to take action. Even after suffering from OSD, Matt West excelled in sports during high school.
After completing high school, Matt West acquired a bachelor’s degree in Psychology from California State University. He then enrolled in Pepperdine University to pursue a master’s degree in Clinical Psychology. After graduating in 2008, he decided to acquire a double master’s and went to California State University, where he specialized in Educational Psychology.
Matt West started his career in 2004, when he joined California Psychcare as a Behaviour Therapist. He worked for over two years at this institution and then joined New Directions For Youth as a marriage and family therapy intern. After a tenure of two years, Matt West went to work at Santa Monica Malibu Unified School as an intern for a year.
In 2010, Matt West joined Inner City Education Foundation, as an educational psychologist, where he worked for four years. After his exit from this institution, Matt West worked as an educational psychologist at Tustin Unified School District, River Springs Charter School, and Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District for a span of over five years.
In 2018, after a series of major life events Matt West was looking in the mirror and decided to take back control over his life and decided to take care of his emotional, physical, and mental well-being.
In 2019, Matt West started the Brain Boom podcast that aims at covering insightful topics to promote peace, prosperity, and joy, through the power of candidate stories and frequencies. Some of the topics covers by Matt West in his podcast are Mindful Productivity, Purposeful Creativity, Meaningful Living, Mindful Motivation, Mindful Procrastination, Mindfulness, Mindful Eating, Mindful Journaling, Mindful Movement, Self-care, Mindfulness exercises, and Mental Wealth.
In 2021, Matt West co-founded Boom Journal, a platform empowering people to experience peace, prosperity and joy. With the help of this platform, Matt West aims at promoting guided mindfulness journaling and boosting positive energy and attitude, training healthy thinking patterns of the people.
West currently lives in Los Angeles, CA.
In the media
- ↑ "Matt West - Crunchbase Person Profile". Crunchbase. Retrieved 9 April 2021.
- ↑ "About Matt West". Medium. Retrieved 9 April 2021.
- ↑ "Brain Boom with Matt West on Apple Podcasts". Apple Podcasts. Retrieved 9 April 2021.
- ↑ "Matt West". IMDb. Retrieved 9 April 2021.
- ↑ "How New Meditation App Boom Journal Trains The Mind How To Be Relaxed in 2021". in.style.yahoo.com. Retrieved 9 April 2021.
- ↑ "Matt West M.A., M.S. on mindbodygreen". mindbodygreen. Retrieved 9 April 2021.
- ↑ "Psychologist Archives". New York Wire. Retrieved 9 April 2021.
- ↑ Barber, Shuan (1 October 2020). "Matt West hopes to empower millennials to create the habit of mindfulness through mindful…". Medium. Retrieved 9 April 2021.
- ↑ "Matt West Set To Launch New Meditation App Boom Journal in Early 2021". Seekers Time. 27 January 2021. Retrieved 9 April 2021.
- ↑ Stories, Local. "Meet Matt West of Boom in Beverly Hills - Voyage LA Magazine | LA City Guide". voyagela.com. Retrieved 9 April 2021.
- ↑ "Matt West". SoundCloud. Retrieved 9 April 2021.