Mark Labella is a Filipino-American actor, writer, and producer with a degree in medicine. Following his first role on Marcus Noble's "Everyone Must Die." Mark Labella went on to make appearances in TV shows Chicago Fire, Chicago P.D. and on NCIS: Los Angeles as Jordan Abalos. He is the showrunner and creator for Argentum Studios' first series: MisDiagnosed. He is the nephew of current Cebu City Mayor Edgardo Labella .
Mark Labella was born in Cebu, Philippines. Raised in San Diego, California as an only child, he found passion for writing and acting at a young age. As a first generation Filipino-American, his parents did not encourage a career in the arts; however, he wrote and acted in numerous school plays and participated and won writing contests.
He graduated from El Cajon Valley High School at the top ten of his graduating class and a leadership award for his work as outstanding ASB President. Despite his good standing. numerous extra-curricular activities, and encouragement by his school administration, he joined the United States Navy immediately after graduation.
He was accepted into the Writers Guild of America Foundation: Veteran's Writing Project where he was mentored by Matt Corman (showrunner/creator Covert Affairs), Roger Director (producer/writer Moonlighting (TV series), Timothy Wurtz, and Peter Casey (screenwriter).
Mark Labella graduated from George Washington University with a degree in Clinical Laboratory Sciences and Cebu Doctors' University with a B.S. in Medical Technology and Doctor of Medicine.
Achievements/ Career Highlights
In 2019, he was awarded Best Actor for his role in Unconditional by the Dreamachine International Film Festival.
In 2019, Unconditional, written by Mark Labella, produced by 419 Films, directed by George Gutierrez, was awarded an Honorable Mention in Global Shorts.
In May 2020, with fellow doctors around the world, Labella authored the Hubchart article THE WAR AGAINST COVID-19.
In early 2020, Mark Labella was interviewed by the Financial Times regarding the shortage of PPE in the United States.
- Gonzales, Rob (19 December 2018). "Cebuano Actor Talks about Achieving Hollywood Dream". Cebu Daily News. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- Lastimosa, Tina. "Mark Labella Biography". IMDB. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "MisDiagnosed". IMDB. Retrieved 25 Jan 2021.
- "Interview with Actor, Producer and Writer Mark Labella". Naluda Magazine. 21 May 2019. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- Gates, Stacia (8 March 2019). "ARTQUENCH PRESENTS MARK LABELLA". ArtQuench Magazine. Retrieved 2 January 2021.
- "El Cajon Valley High School". Wikipedia. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "The Veterans Writing Project". The Writers Guild Foundation. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "Unconditional". IMDB. 2019. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "George Felipe Gutierrez". IMDB. 2019.
- Labella, Mark (4 May 2020). "THE WAR AGAINST COVID-19: DOCTORS FROM AROUND THE WORLD SPEAK OUT". HUBCHART. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- Kuchler, Hannah (17 July 2020). "Surge in Covid-19 cases leaves US carers hunting for shields again". Financial Times. Retrieved 5 January 2021.
This article "Mark Labella" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.