Maria R. Battaglia
Maria R. Battaglia
|Add a Photo|
|Born||Nov 4, 1965|
|Education||McGill University Law School|
|Board member of||Independent Advisory Board for Senate Appointments|
Maria R. Battaglia, is a member of the Quebec Bar since 1990, an accredited family and matrimonial mediator and a broadcaster. She is a graduate of McGill University (B.C.L., LLB 1989). Maria represents Province of Quebec on Independent Advisory Board for Independent Advisory Board for Senate Appointment.
Maria R. Battaglia is of Italian descent. Her parents were born and raised in Sicily, and immigrated to Canada in their early twenties. Maria is married to Umberto Macri, an attorney. She is the mother of two boys Robert and Jonathan and and step mother to Sabrina and Tristan.
She is a graduate of McGill University (B.C.L., LLB 1989). During her years at McGill Law School, Mtre. Battaglia was president of the Law Students Association (1986-87), two terms as Vice President, University Affairs (1987-1989), member of the McGill Senate and Board of Governors. She sat on numerous committees, including McGill’s steering committee, the Student Housing Task Force, the Search Committee for a new Principal and the Search Committee to Name a Dean of Admissions. Mtre. Battaglia spearheaded the first Student Rights campaign and was responsible for helping to draft new rules for students’ rights and the modifications to the students’ handbook. Mtre. Battaglia was the student ombudsman and attended numerous events and conferences on the role of an ombudsman. 
Mtre. Battaglia’s interests extend to the Montreal community. She was the host of “Family Law with Maria Battaglia”, news talk radio CJAD-AM (1999-2007) which aired weekly on Sunday nights, a call-in show giving the Montreal community legal information and direction. She was a weekly panelist on The Verdict (CTV News) and continues to be a regular contributor to various news programs. She has been a regular on CTV news (2003-2009), a weekly contributor on Montreal Live with Leslie Robert (1999) and This Morning Live, Global Television (2001-2003). Mtre. Battaglia continues to be called upon regularly to comment on current events of family law both on television and radio.
- Office, Privy Council (2016-07-07). "Mandate and members". aem. Retrieved 2020-10-12.
- Institutions, Minister for Democratic (Oct 2, 2020). "Minister LeBlanc announces appointments to the Independent Advisory Board for Senate Appointments". www.newswire.ca. Retrieved 2020-10-12.
- Institutions, Democratic (2020-10-02). "Minister LeBlanc announces appointments to the Independent Advisory Board for Senate Appointments". gcnws. Retrieved 2020-10-12.
- "ASSOCIATION ACTIVITIES". mcgillnews-archives.mcgill.ca. Retrieved 2020-10-12.
- "The McGill Tribune Vol. 8 Issue 3". Issuu. Retrieved 2020-10-12.
- "The McGill Tribune Vol. 07 Issue 20". Issuu. Retrieved 2020-10-12.
- "Custody battle over teachings begins". Winnipeg. 2009-05-25. Retrieved 2020-10-12.
- "Widower heartbroken, cannot afford to bury wife". Montreal. 2009-11-13. Retrieved 2020-10-12.
- "Montreal News | Local Breaking | CTV News Montreal". montreal.ctvnews.ca. July 11, 2012. Retrieved 2020-10-12.
- Média, Bell. "Custody agreements can be fraught during the best of times but they can be even more complicated during a pandemic". www.iheartradio.ca. Retrieved 2020-10-12.
This article "Maria R. Battaglia" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.