|Developer(s)||Microvirt Software Technology CO., LTD.|
7.2.2 / July 6, 2020
|Operating system||Windows XP SP3 or later|
|Available in||23 languages|
MEmu Play is a computer software to run Android apps on Microsoft Windows PCs. It was formerly named as MEmu App Player but later changed to MEmu Play.
MEmu utilizes virtualization technology to run smoothly across various kinds of PC. It allows everyone to play Android games on Windows PC using this emulator that has all the functions of the original OS.
Its basic features empower users to control Android games with mouse, keyboard, and external controller. More rich functions include smart controls, multiple-instances, macro keymapping, game automation, video record, GPS simulation, command-line scripts, etc.
In October 2015, Microvirt released the new major version MEmu 2 which later added support for more languages and operation recorder.
In May 2017, Microvirt introduced MEmu 3 with a brand new logo design. MEmu 3 added features like widget tool, message box, keymapping preset, tool bar customization, audio record, and made improvements for certain games.
On January 24, 2018, Microvirt announced its version MEmu 5. In this version, Android 5.1.1 is set as the default kernel. It also added support to mobile games requiring ES3.0, and synchronized operation for multiple VMs.
On November 27, 2018, MEmu 6 was released by Microvirt. The engine was upgraded to provide a better performance, especially in OpenGL graphics mode. Other new features are chrome-like tab bar, drag and drop to install APK, MEmuC command lines.
On September 29, 2019, Microvirt released its latest version of MEmu which Android 7.1.2 becomes its default kernel. It features a refreshed UI design, and a faster core engine to optimize the speed for most games. Moreover, it utilizes much fewer resources when running multiple instances. Other small extra features are turn on/off app tabs, auto-start MEmu with Windows, shortcuts of volume up/down, etc.
Current minimum requirements for MEmu Play include: Windows XP SP3 or higher, 5 GB of hard drive space, 2 GB or higher system memory, administrator rights, and a 2-core Intel or AMD processor.
Users need to enable virtualization and check if their Hyper-V is in conflict with other software to prevent performance issues.
- "What is MEmu?". www.memuplay.com. Retrieved 2020-08-13.
- SL, Uptodown Technologies. "MEmu 7.2.2 - Download". memu.en.uptodown.com. Retrieved 2020-08-13.
- "Download MEmu 7.2.2". softpedia. Retrieved 2020-08-13.
- "About Us". MEmu Blog. Retrieved 2020-08-13.
- "Is MEmu Safe?". www.memuplay.com. Retrieved 2020-08-13.
- Aurand, Herbert. "MEmu Android Emulator Update 7.2.1 is Making the App Even Better". Webby Feed. Retrieved August 13, 2020.
- "How to Use MEmu?". www.memuplay.com. Retrieved 2020-08-13.
- "MEmu Support - Frequently Asked Questions". www.memuplay.com. Retrieved 2020-08-13.
- "MEmu 2.6.1 is released!". www.memuplay.com. Retrieved 2020-08-13.
- "MEmu 3.0 for Preview". www.memuplay.com. Retrieved 2020-08-13.
- "MEmu 5.0 is available for PREVIEW!". www.memuplay.com. Retrieved 2020-08-13.
- "New feature walk-through in MEmu 6.0". www.memuplay.com. Retrieved 2020-08-13.
- "New feature walk-through in MEmu 7.0". www.memuplay.com. Retrieved 2020-08-13.
- "MEmu System Requirements". www.memuplay.com. Retrieved 2020-08-13.
- "Solutions of Bad Performance and Blue Screen Problem". www.memuplay.com. Retrieved 2020-08-13.