|Headquarters||New South Wales|
Longtail UX (LUX) is an Australian technology company known for developing Customer Acquisition Platform that reinvent how businesses connect people to products. The company was founded by Will Santow and Andreas Dzumla in 2013 and is headquartered in Balmain, Sydney, New South Wales. LUX is best known for matching consumer demand with products that companies sell through organic and paid search by delivering much better user experience.
LUX specializes in landing page optimization, SEO, SEM, Google Ads, e-commerce growth, new customer acquisition, UX personalization, Conversion Rate optimization, and online market share. LUX has received recognition for their patented technology, which enables AI-optimized content discovery for any website, resulting in a better user experience and higher SEM and SEO conversion rates.
Longtail UX (LUX) was established in 2013 by Will Santow and Andreas Dzumla to help eCommerce and lead generation businesses gain more traction. Santow at that time led tertiary course aggregation websites - CareerFAQs and Dzumla worked at Google. Initially, the founders created a series of multi-product landing pages tailored to LUX's search terms, which resulted in a 400% increase in traffic in just two months. This is when they decided to take their concept to a commercial level.
Within a year, LUX acquired one of Australia’s largest eCommerce stores as its client and achieved a 280% increase in inquiries in four months. In 2020, they secured funding from Woolworths’ venture capital arm W23.
As of 2021, LUX has secured patents in the US, Japan, Australia, China, Singapore, and South Africa, with a pending application for Europe. Since its inception, LUX's client list has expanded to include major eCommerce brands such as Dan Murphys, Adore Beauty, and Myer.
Products and services
LUX’s patented Customer Acquisition Platform offers a vast range of features, services and products such as:
- Smart Pages
The LUX platform generates multiple Smart Pages, which organize the content on a company's product landing pages according to the customers' wishes. It displays the multiple products in the storefront window that matches the client's search intent. These pages are engineered to convert and are rewarded by search engines. They are also automated to adapt to stock and pricing changes, and engineered to convert.
- LUX’s algorithm
LUX's proprietary algorithm matches text from search terms a company wants to rank for to product descriptors, taking into account synonyms, words to avoid, and words to prioritize.
- LUX Optimisation
With LUX Optimization, Smart Pages are rotated regularly to increase traffic and revenue. Also, monthly strategic reviews are scheduled to ensure that the team exceeds benchmarks.
- LUX Smart Links
With the smart links, LUX Organic Smart Pages integrate into a business’s native site structure with Smart Links. Its contextual proximity system adds unique links to 'like' or complementary products to each Smart Page to improve user experience and site authority. These links evolve dynamically as a result of product feeds, page creation, and keyword research, resulting in a virtuous relevance loop.
- Synonyms library
To ensure that each product and its related content matches its assigned topic, LUX's internally created synonyms library features a large list of synonyms or 'like' phrases.
- LUX ORGANIC
LUX Organic increases first-page organic search rankings with first-touch personalization for new customer acquisition using to-the-dollar measurement
- LUX PAID
With exact matching landing pages for every keyword and user intent, LUX Paid Smartpages to increase ROAS from paid search
- LUX SHOPPING
LUX Shopping Smart Pages increases conversion rate and basket size by exposing more matching products from Google Shopping.
Longtail UX has secured $11.4M in six funding rounds.
Vision and Mission
The Longtail UX (LUX) mission is to reinvent how businesses connect people to products and their vision is to give the world what it's searching for.
In the media
- "Longtail UX - Crunchbase Company Profile & Funding". Crunchbase. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- "How to survive in a "Zero-Click Searches" world". Search Engine Land. 18 May 2020. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- "CMO's top 8 martech stories for the week - 20 August 2020". www.cmo.com.au. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- "Google is Hogging Half Your Traffic: How to Get It Back". Webinars. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- "How Ecommerce Companies Can Do More with Less Shopping Ad Budget in 2020". Search Engine Journal. 21 April 2020. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- Bencic, Emily (20 April 2020). "Aussie SaaS startup Longtail UX secures $5 million capital". retailbiz. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- "Longtail UX bags $2.25 million from Woolworths as e-commerce surges". SmartCompany. 14 August 2020. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- "Start-up advances online marketing, boosted by $5M in funding". itbrief.com.au. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- "SEO marketing start-up banks $5m as brands pivot to online". Australian Financial Review. 5 April 2020. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- "News vs numbers: What does COVID-19 really mean for startup funding in Australia?". SmartCompany. 21 April 2020. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- "Woolworths joins online marketplace gold rush". Australian Financial Review. 22 April 2021. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- "LONGTAIL UX | Digital Marketing Depot". DMD: Digital Marketing Depot. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- "Longtail UX Secures $2.25M In Funding From Woolworths Group's Venture Capital Arm W23". B&T. 13 August 2020. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- "Woolworths builds out retail ecosystem with $50m skills fund". Australian Financial Review. 8 February 2021. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- "LUX Ausbiz 20AUG20.png". Google Docs. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- "LUX ITWire Newsletter 20AUG20.pdf". Google Docs. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- "How you can still get a job no matter where you live". couriermail. 7 September 2020. Retrieved 25 August 2021.
- "The CEO who uses rock climbing as a stress buster". Australian Financial Review. 29 June 2020. Retrieved 25 August 2021.