Mobley at the 2020 Lionsgate screening of I Still Believe
|Born||August 20, 1985|
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Alma mater||University of South Florida|
|Years active||2008 - present|
|Organization||The LeRoy Mobley, LLC|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Add a Photo|
|Instruments||Vocals, piano, guitar, trumpet, 10-String King David Harp|
LeRoy Mobley is an American singer, songwriter and actor. Mobley is a highly acclaimed film & TV theater actor, singer and songwriter. Mobley is best known for his debut single - Better Together, Broadway performance of Tokyo Disney Sea - Big Band Beat and his performance on Sunset Strip, West Hollywood. He has worked with top-notch film and television productions companies which includes 20th Century Fox, Walt Disney Pictures, New Line Cinema, ABC Studios, CBS, HBO, NBC Universal, and FOX 5 NY.
Born in Manila, Philippines, Mobley started singing at a young age of 11, when his teacher motivated him. He initially performed at churches and school, soon he turned his interest into mainstream Raw-Pop-R&B music.
Mobley’s songs are available on all major digital platforms including Spotify, iTunes, Pandora, Amazon Music and YouTube. His debut song Better Together was listed in the 50+ depression slaying original songs list.
Early life and education
Mobley’s family shifted to Brandon, Florida when LeRoy was 8 months old. Mobley went to Middleton Middle School in Tampa, FL, where his teacher Mrs. Cunningham inspired and encouraged him to pursue his career in music. Mobley is a Psychology major, which he completed from the University of South Florida with a minor in Spanish.
Even though Mobley has been performing from 1997, he founded The LeRoy Mobley Company, LLC in 2013 under which he officially released his debut song Better Together in 2018 which was highly acclaimed by the listeners. Mobley has written over 50 original songs till now, which 6 are available on his YouTube channel. Mobley is well versed in Pop, R&B and Jazz genres of music. His music is inspired from his journey of battling depression.
After founding his company in 2013, Mobley also appeared in multiple TV and Cinema screens. He has worked with 20th Century Fox, Walt Disney Pictures, New Line Cinema, ABC Studios, CBS, HBO, NBC Universal, and FOX 5 NY.
Mobley is a theatre actor and his Broadway performance on Tokyo Disney Sea - Big Band Beat was highly appreciated. He has also performed on Sunset Strip and for FOX’s Good Day New York. Mobley has also been featured on BROADWYWORLD.com and The United States. Mobley also performed on stage musicals of RENT and Sweet Charity and has been featured in iMDB and Actors Access.
Having battled with chronic depression, Mobley is inclined towards performing at music festivals in the near future, in order to eradicate systematic fatherlessness. He initially organized House Concerts, which he is determined to take on a global level.
Mobley was born in Manila, Philippines to Leroy Mobley Jr. (Vietnam war veteran) and Sherinita Ann Rush (nurse, Gulf war veteran). Mobley grew up in Brandon, Florida. Mobley suffered from chronic depression in his teens and twenties. Music played a major role for Mobley during this time and helped him cope with suicidal thoughts, ideation, and sexual addiction. 2011 marked the beginning of Mobley’s recovery and his career.
Mobley is an avid traveller and has visited almost all of the USA and Canada. He has also been to The Philippines, Dominican Republic, The Bahamas, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panama, Italy, England, Australia, New Zealand, Hawaii, Japan and Guyana. Mobley is fluent in English, Spanish, some Italian and beginner Japanese.
Mobley plays instruments such as piano, trumpet, guitar and 10-string King David Harp, and is also passionate about salsa and ballroom dancing.
- Better Together - Released in 2018 under LeRoy Mobley Company LLC
- After You
- First Love
- Quality Time
In the media
- "LeRoy Mobley | Artists | Side Door". sidedooraccess.com. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- "Permanent Forum Calls for Development Model Based on Concepts Underpinned by Indigenous 'Values, Cultures and Identities', as It Concludes Session | Meetings Coverage and Press Releases". www.un.org. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- "LeRoy Mobley: Bringing Joy and Making Headlines Across the World". Vents Magazine. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- "LeRoy Mobley". IMDb. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- "LeRoy Mobley Is Bringing Inspiration and Joy to the World Through Song". Music Observer. 2020-08-04. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- "LeRoy Mobley Is Bringing Inspiration and Joy to the World Through Song". www.kake.com. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- Griffin, Sharon (2020-07-23). "LeRoy Mobley Fights COVID-19 Negativity With Music". California Herald. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- "LeRoy Mobley Is Changing Lives With His Uplifting Music". Disrupt Magazine. 2020-07-29. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- "LeRoy Mobley Is Bringing Inspiration and Joy to the World Through Song". www.fox34.com. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- "Coming of Age in Korea". www.backstage.com. 2009-01-27. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- "Coming Soon to Post-COVID-19 Festivals: LeRoy Mobley". America Daily Post. 2020-07-23. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- "LeRoy Mobley Shares a Message of Hope and Healing Through Music". LA Wire. 2020-07-01. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- Desk, BWW News. "Castillo Theater Presents Newman's COMING OF AGE IN KOREA". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 2020-08-05.
- "LeRoy Mobley". SoundCloud. Retrieved 2020-08-05.