Lawrence Nene Kofi Tetteh
|Add a Photo|
|Born||May 15, 1964|
James Town, Accra, Ghana
|Known for||Worldwide Miracle Outreach|
Lawrence Nene Kofi Tetteh is a Ghanaian International Evangelist (born 15th May 1964) in JamesTown, Accra, Ghana. He is the founding President of the Worldwide Miracle Outreach with its international headquarters based in London, UK. He is married to Barbara Tetteh also an ordained minister, an administrator and a social scientist, who is an integral part of his worldwide ministry and their children live with them in the UK.
He is a teacher of the gospel and the author of many books, including Dangers of Offence, Count your Blessings and Benefits of the Anointing. He is a televangelist, a philanthropist, a public speaker and the host of Miracle Touch TV programme worldwide.
He was born into the Ga-Dangme royal lineage to Sampson Kwadjo Tetteh of Dodowa and Juliana Norchoe Tetteh of Osu in the Greater Accra Region of Ghana. He trained as an economist at the Budapest Corvinus University of Economics Sciences in Hungary and also at the London School of Economics (LSE) in the United Kingdom. Whilst he was still pursuing his PhD programme in International Relations at the University in Hungary, he responded to the call as an Evangelist and a preacher of the Gospel. He was ordained into ministry by T.L. Osborn and Archbishop Benson Idahosa in the United Kingdom.
As a researcher in economics and international relations, he had the real opportunity to work with many international organisations but the Lord had completely different plans for him. His style of preaching with singing, dancing and sharing of touching stories through his messages earned him admiration across many denominations.
His Ministry, Evangelism and Religious Association
He has had the privilege to work and minister with other ministers in ministry such as Oral Roberts and Richard Roberts (evangelist) of the Oral Roberts University and Ministries; T.L. Osborn; Kenneth Hagin; Archbishop Desmond Tutu; Morris Cerullo; Archbishop Benson Idahosa, Benny Hinn, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, Dr Richard Shakarian among others.
He is one of the few Charismatic Christianity preachers who transcends the barriers of Ecumenical relations and works, collaborating in evangelism and nationwide crusades with mainstream and Pentecostal churches such as the Anglican, Methodist, Presbyterian, Catholic, Apostolic and the Assemblies of God churches to spread the word of God accross Ghana and the world. In the year 2002, he was the main speaker of the first-ever National crusade of the Methodist Church of Ghana held at the Independence Square in Accra, Ghana with over 200,000 people including the then president of Ghana, John Agyekum Kufuor in attendance. Subsequent crusades organised with him as the main speaker by the Presbyterians, Anglicans, and other denominations were attended by the then sitting presidents and their representatives; President Jerry John Rawlings, President John Agyekum Kufuor, President John Evans Atta Mills, President John Dramani Mahama and President Nana Akufo-Addo Addo. He has a rare gift in connecting with many Presidents and world leaders globally and has served as a great counsel and friend to most of them. In 2014 he organised the Asanteman for Christ Crusade together with Dr Richard Roberts of the Oral Roberts Ministries at the Kumasi Sports Stadium with Asantehene Tutu II, the king of the Ashanti Kingdom as the special guest of honour.
Lawrence Tetteh has ministered in many international conferences and universities in Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia and the USA. He has been a regular speaker of the Full Gospel Business Men's Fellowship International FGBMFI. He was the main speaker for the world convention at Florida, USA 2008 and in Yerevan, Armenia 2013. 
He is a fellow of the Royal Society of Arts and the chaplain of the Ghana Christian Council of the UK and Ireland. He was inducted as an Honorary Canon in the Anglican Church in 2017 by the Archbishop Daniel Yinkah Sarfo, Primate of the church of the Province of West Africa.  
Advocacy For Peace
In 2014, Lawrence Tetteh was featured in the Daily Graphic (Ghana)|Graphic Communication Group's JuniorGraphic newspaper for young adults, as a role model worth emulating. Following the death of Major Mahama at Denkyira Obuasi, He called on Ghanaians to forgive the indigenes of Denkyira Obuasi and allow the law courts to handle the issue. In the build up to Ghana's general presidential elections in 2016, Lawrence Tetteh admonished the clergy to be mindful of their predictions and utterances on who would win the polls. He advised the Mass media in Ghana media to play its role to get the right agenda for the nation to be united with the message of hope and unity. He has over the years, preached peace, forgiveness, unity and humility.
Books self published by Lawrence Tetteh include:
- Benefits of the Anointing
- Count your blessings
- Dangers of Offence
- God is Able
Books & Publications Cited In
Lawrence Tetteh cited in other publications;
- Coping with Evil in Religion and Culture (Currents of Encounter)
- Journal of Religion in Africa: Religion en Afrique
- God-Given Gifts and Talents
- Ghana's New Christianity: Pentecostalism in a Globalising African Economy
- Biblical, Traditional, and Theological Framework for Understanding Christian Prophetism in Ghana Today
- A History of Pentecostalism in Ghana: 1900-2002
- Mission in Ghana: The ecumenical heritage
Sermons, Messages, Interviews
|1||How can I give thanks ?||2018|
|3||The tale with the diamond dealer - Dangers of Offence||2013|
|4||Healing Wings Conference - RockHill Church||2018|
|6||The gates are opened||2013|
|7||The Power of the Cross||2019|
|8||Count your Blessings and Remember your Humble Beginnings||2011|
- "Vice President Ordained". www.ghanaweb.com. 5 December 2002. Retrieved 2020-07-30.
- "Full Gospel Business Men's Fellowship International celebrates 20th anniversary | Ghana News Agency (GNA)". www.ghananewsagency.org.
- "Rawlings congratulates Rev. Lawrence Tetteh". Graphic Online.
- "Presidents, Asantehene congratulate Lawrence Tetteh on canonization | Ghana News Agency (GNA)". www.ghananewsagency.org.
- "Ghanaian - Hungarian Business Council | Dr. Lawrence Tetteh". Retrieved 2020-07-30.
- "Dr Lawrence Tetteh - an Ambassador for Christ". Graphic Online. Retrieved 2020-07-30.
- AfricaNews (31 May 2017). "Ghana: At least 50 arrested over gruesome murder of army officer". Africanews. Retrieved 2020-07-30.
- "Forgive Major Mahama killers — Dr Lawrence Tetteh". Graphic Online. Retrieved 2020-07-30.
- Coping with Evil in Religion and Culture : Case Studies. Doorn-Harder, Pieternella van, 1956-, Minnema, Lourens. Amsterdam: Rodopi. 2008. ISBN 978-1-4356-1547-2. OCLC 184943932.CS1 maint: others (link)
- Journal of Religion in Africa: Religion en Afrique. Brill. 2005.
- Lartey, Samuel (2013-06-10). God-Given Gifts and Talents. Booktango. ISBN 978-1-4689-3212-6.
- Gifford, Paul (2004). Ghana's New Christianity: Pentecostalism in a Globalising African Economy. Hurst. p. 195. ISBN 978-1-85065-719-4.
- Aryeh, Daniel Nii Aboagye (2019-01-03). Biblical, Traditional, and Theological Framework for Understanding Christian Prophetism in Ghana Today. Wipf and Stock Publishers. ISBN 978-1-5326-1863-5.
- Hanson, Susan (2002). A History of Pentecostalism in Ghana: 1900-2002. Susan Hanson.
- Kpobi, David Nii Anum; Ghana, Christian Council of (2008). Mission in Ghana: The ecumenical heritage. Asempa Publishers, Christian Council of Ghana. p. 124. ISBN 978-9964-78-415-7.
- Lawrence Tetteh on Twitter
This article "Lawrence Tetteh" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.