The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Add a Photo|
|Born||1978 (age 42–43)|
|Alma mater||University of Paris|
Laurent Warlouzet (born 1978) is a French academic who is currently Professor of European History at Paris Sorbonne University.
Professor Warlouzet was educated at Paris 4 University. He was appointed associate professor at the Université d'Artois and subsequently full professor at University of the Littoral, before moving to Sorbonne University in 2019. He held postdoctoral fellowships at the European University Institute in Florence and at LSE, where he taught in the MSc History of International Relations.
Professor Warlouzet is a specialist in the history of European integration, especially of the EEC/EU, and of European economic and social policies. In his book Governing Europe in a Globalizing World, he interpreted the history of European integration as a contest between social-oriented, neomercantilist, market-oriented and neoliberal projects, wherein competition policy played a major role in the assertion of a neoliberal Europe. In Foreign Affairs, Andrew Moravcsik offered a balanced review of the book, stating that: “Although Warlouzet is sometimes tempted to exaggerate the range of potential choices governments faced, in the end, his book proposes some clear answers”. Kiran Klaus Patel underlines that “Warlouzet has written a fascinating and highly important book that stresses the openness of developments and that the EC’s central position for Western Europe’s international economic and social policies was by no means a given”, but he comments that “there is a price for this breadth: the book focuses on the tier of top political decision-makers in the three wealthiest Western European states only”.
On Brexit, during a roundtable with Piers Ludlow and Jonathan Faull, Warlouzet has emphasized the outsized influence Britain traditionally exercised over the EEC/EU during its years as a member-state.
An expert on EU and French politics, he writes in Le Monde and he was quoted by the Süddeutsche Zeitung, by the Danish newspaper Information, by the Helsingin Sanomat and by La Libre Belgique
- Warlouzet, L., Governing Europe in a Globalizing World: Neoliberalism and its Alternatives following the 1973 Oil Crisis, 2018 (Routledge) ISBN 978-1138729421
- Bussière, E. Warlouzet, L. (eds), Histoire des Provinces françaises du Nord, 1914-2014, 2016 (Artois Presses Université) ISBN 978-2848322230
- Chélini, M.-P., Warlouzet, L. (eds), Slowing Down Prices. European Inflation in the 1970s, 2016 (Presses de Sciences-po) ISBN 978-2724619751
- Warlouzet, L., Le choix de la CEE par la France. Les débats économiques de Pierre Mendès-France à Charles de Gaulle (1955-1969), 2011 (Igpde) ISBN 978-2110975171
- Guieu, J.-M., Le Dréau, C., Ralfik, J., Warlouzet, L., Penser et construire l’Europe, 1919-1992, 2007 (Belin sup) ISBN 978-2701146553
- Rücker, K., Warlouzet, L. (eds), Which Europe (s). New Approaches in European Integration History, 2006 (Peter Lang) ISBN 978-9052014845
In the media
- "Sorbonne Université". Sorbonne Université. Retrieved 13 April 2020.
- Warlouzet, Laurent (2017). Governing Europe in a Globalizing World. Neoliberalism and its Alternatives following the 1973 Oil Crisis. London: Routledge. ISBN 9781138729421.
- Moravcsik, Andrew (May 2019). "Review of "Governing Europe in a Globalizing World: Neoliberalism and Its Alternatives Following the 1973 Oil Crisis"". Foreign Affairs. May 2019.
- Patel, Kiran Klaus (13 April 2020). ""Widening and deepening? Recent advances in European Integration History"". Neue Politische Literatur. 64: 327–357.
- "British influence in Brussels had been far greater than recognised". LSE Brexit Blog. Retrieved 13 April 2020.
- "Macrons Übermacht irritiert Frankreich". Süddeutsche Zeitung. 18 June 2017. Retrieved 13 April 2020.
- Langvad, Jakob (28 May 2018). "Vestager er en europæisk heltinde i en tid, hvor globalisering skaber frygt". Information. Retrieved 13 April 2020.
- "Something About Margrethe – The Crowd Loves It When Danish Competition Commissioner Vestager Whacks Corporate Rulebreakers". Helsingin Sanomat. Retrieved 13 April 2020.
- "Un seul pays vous manque et tout est différent : comment le Brexit va modifier l'UE". La Libre Belgique. 31 January 2020. Retrieved 13 April 2020.
- Laurent Warlouzet | Sorbonne Université - Academia.edu
- Publications de Laurent Warlouzet | Cairn.info
- Laurent Warlouzet - Citations Google Scholar
- Laurent Warlouzet on twitter
- Laurent Warlouzet: Books - Amazon.co.uk
This article "Laurent Warlouzet" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.