|Type of business||Private|
|Country of origin||United States of America|
|Services||Decentralized Blockchain, Regulated Blockchain, Permissioned Blockchain, Blockchain Consensus Operating System|
L3COS (pronounced ‘leckoss’) stands for Level 3 Consensus Operating System, the world’s first blockchain-based operating system. It was founded in 2013, by Zurab Ashvil. L3COS has been designed to help governments, commerce and society reap the benefits of the digital transformation of the economy.
The system is completely auditable and transparent and every transaction traceable and immutable. It has the potential to transform the way society functions by harnessing the power of automated processes and procedures to reduce the burden of regulations and costs, while protecting individuals and their data.
L3COS can be used by governments and regulators by building in legal and regulatory rules, thus ensuring that all identities and transactions are protected under a country’s laws. By providing a legal and financial management system for countries, corporations and households, L3COS can digitalise the whole economy.
The operating system is designed to be quantum-safe, scalable and removes the most expensive aspects of commerce, by verifying identities and automatically executing smart contracts.
L3COS provides users with decentralisation, security, transparency and speed with the added benefit of incorporating the full legal and regulatory structure of each nation’s civic and commercial laws and regulations – and is automatically updated as changes are made.
L3COS was founded in 2013 by serial tech entrepreneur Zurab Ashvil. Ashvil has a background in technology, and is an advocate of cloud-based distribution systems. Since inception, he has worked with over 1200 developers around the globe to create L3COS.
In the media
- "L3COS: Blockchain Based Operating System". digitalasset.live. 2020-06-17. Retrieved 2020-07-02.
- L3COS. "L3COS Proposes to Build the World's First Regulated Blockchain-based Operating System for the Bank Of England". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2020-07-02.
- "L3COS Pushing Central Banks To Use Its Triple-Layer Consensus Technology For Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDC)". Blockchain News, Opinion, TV and Jobs. 2020-06-25. Retrieved 2020-07-02.
- "L3COS project launches to offer blockchain security to national governments » CryptoNinjas". CryptoNinjas. 2019-11-19. Retrieved 2020-07-02.
- "EmTech Investment Meeting in Davos Gathers Investors with More Than $400 bn AUM". AdvisorNews. 2020-01-28. Retrieved 2020-07-02.
- "Federal Reserve Chairman Comments Show Need for Triple-layer Consensus Says L3COS CEO Zurab Ashvil – Company Announcement - FT.com". markets.ft.com. Retrieved 2020-07-02.
- "Federal Reserve Chairman Comments Show Need for Triple-layer Consensus Says L3COS CEO Zurab Ashvil". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2020-07-02.
- "EmTech Investment Meeting in Davos Gathers Investors with $400 bn AUM". Cointelegraph. Retrieved 2020-07-02.
- "A regulated blockchain can empower governments, corporations, and people". CityAM. 2020-06-22. Retrieved 2020-07-02.