Kimberly L. Curtis
Kimberly L. Curtis
Kimberly Louise Curtis
October 30, 1961
Eden, New York
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Alma mater||Elmira College|
University of Denver College of Law
The American College
|Occupation||Author, personal finance expert|
|Organization||Wealth Legacy Institute|
|Money Secrets: Keys to Smart Investing (book)|
|Television||National Broadcasting Company (NBC), CBS TV, American Broadcasting Company (ABC), Fox Broadcasting Company (Fox), The CW|
|Spouse(s)||Mary Ellen Gehl|
|Children||Arden Curtis Gehl|
Hunter Curtis Gehl
|Awards||Benjamin Franklin Book Award|
Kimberly L. Curtis (born October 30, 1961) is an American author, personal finance expert and investor advocate. She is the President and CEO of Wealth Legacy Institute.
Education and early life
Kim is in the middle of two siblings and grew up in Eden, New York. Her great grandmother emigrated from Scotland in 1906. She graduated from Eden High School in 1979 and attended Elmira College where she received her BS in Criminal Justice. She received her MSJA from the University of Denver College of Law, and her MSFS from The American College, Bryn Mawr, PA.
Kim started her career at American Arbitration Association in 1985 as a Tribunal Administrator and left in 1992 as Regional Vice President. She went to American Express Financial Advisors (Ameriprise) leaving in 2007 as a Senior Financial Advisor to create Wealth Legacy Institute and is its CEO.
Kim is a bestselling author of Money Secrets: Keys to Smart Investing published by Financial Literacy Press. She has spoken on leadership, negotiations, and finance to major organizations such as Oracle (software), Johnson & Johnson (consumer), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), University of Colorado Hospital, Comcast (telecommunications), Level 3, CenturyLink, OtterBox, American Association of University Women and others. She has been seen on National Broadcasting Company (NBC), CBS TV, American Broadcasting Company (ABC), Fox Broadcasting Company (Fox), The CW and the Wall Street Journal.
- Elmira College Distinguished Alumni Award - 2018
- Eden Central School Wall of Distinction Award - 2018
- Money Secrets: Keys to Smart Investing Amazon bestseller in wealth management
- Benjamin Franklin Book Award - SIlver Medalist
- Independent Book Publishers Association Award (IBPA) IPPY Award - Silver Medalist
Kim is married to Mary Ellen Gehl in NYC in 2013 and met at Elmira College. They have two children, Arden Curtis Gehl born in 1998 and Hunter Curtis Gehl born in 2000. They live in Denver, Colorado.
- Curtis, Kim (2015). Money Secrets: Keys to Smart Investing. Financial Literacy Press. ISBN 9780991316618.
Kimberly L. Curtis Speech and interviews
- Institute, Wealth Legacy. "Kimberly L. Curtis | Fee-Only Financial Advisor Denver, CO". www.wealthlegacyinstitute.com. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "Kimberly L. Curtis at Wealth Legacy Institute, Inc". Wealthminder. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- "Money Secrets: Keys to Smart Investing Hardcover". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 2019-11-06.
- Graham, Patrick (2013-05-28). "Voices: Kimberly L. Curtis, on Using Genograms to Better Understand Clients". WSJ. Retrieved 2019-11-06.