|Born||July 3, 1984|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (168 cm)|
Kimberly Cloud (born 3 July 1984, Washington DC) is an African American entrepreneur. She is the founder of Genuinely Michelle Wigs LLC and Blue Cloud Cleaning LLC, a cleaning agency. Cloud is best known for creating successful businesses from the ground up and is dedicated to empowering people, especially women, by addressing mental health issues. She firmly advocates a positive mentality and aims at creating a healthy working space.
Cloud is a highly acclaimed individual and has received numerous certificates for her exemplary work. She has also been featured in several media outlets, including Yahoo Finance, Accesswire, Business Insider, and others.
Early life and education
Cloud was born in Washington DC, on 3 July 1984, was homeschooled in Charlotte, during which she worked at Winn Dixie. Cloud completed her high school education at Oxon High School.
Cloud went back to school in 2013, when she enrolled at the Baltimore City Community College. She studied addiction counseling and substance abuse for three years. In 2017, Cloud pursued a year-long psychology course at Coppin University. In 2020, she enrolled at the University of Phoenix to pursue a master’s degree program in business administration.
Cloud joined the US Army after completing her high school graduation in 2002, where she worked in the culinary arts department for over three years. After her return from the army, Cloud started working at Convergys as a customer service representative in 2006. She worked for two years with this firm. After Convergys, she became a house mother for 3 years and went to Hawaii with her ex-husband.
After a hiatus of two years, Cloud joined Alorica, an outsourcing company, where she worked for five months as a customer service representative. She left this job to pursue higher education in 2013.
In 2020, Cloud began her entrepreneurial journey by establishing two companies: Blue Cloud Cleaning and Genuinely Michelle Wigs LLC. Blue Cloud Cleaning is a cleaning agency that offers a multitude of high-quality cleaning services.
Genuinely Michelle Wigs LLC provides high-quality hair wigs to individuals of all ages. The company aims at designing, creating, and installing custom natural-looking hair wigs suitable for all skin types. Cloud’s company also designs unique and custom pieces that are specifically catered for men. She also pursues her advocacy to help cancer patients and other people suffering from hair problems by providing high-quality wigs.
Awards and recognition
- Honor roll H.S. national leadership Society of Success and Leadership
- Golden Key International Honor Society certificate of completion
- Trio Stairs Award Certificate of recognition
- Eastern Star Diploma, honorable
- Army honorable discharge in 2006
Cloud suffered from mental health issues during the course of her life, especially at the age 15, when her mother passed away from being in the 4th stage of colon cancer. In and out of the hospital, Mrs. Cloud needed a change for the better. Mrs. Cloud asked herself, How could she continuously get treatment for her mental health? That's when she found a doctor that made sure that they cared about treating her symptoms of mental health. When Mrs. Cloud’s mental status was better, she decided to go back to college. She would like to speak to teenagers about mental health. Mrs. Cloud doesn't want them to cope like she did in and out of addiction issues.
Cloud has three sons and a husband. Edward Lomax, her husband, was born on October 11, 1981. Her sons, Maurice Cloud, Raheem Glover, and Jeremiah Glover, were born on June 28, 2004, November 7, 2005, and March 16, 2011 respectively.
- "Genuinely Michelle Wigs LLC Traffic Stats". www.starterstory.com. Retrieved 15 November 2020.
- "Kimberly Cloud as the Rising CEO of Blue Cloud Cleaning and Genuinely Michelle Wigs". sports.yahoo.com. Retrieved 15 November 2020.
- "Genuinely Michelle Wigs: Weaving Passion To a Profession". News Break. Retrieved 15 November 2020.
- GmbH, finanzen net. "Genuinely Michelle Wigs: Weaving Passion To a Profession | Markets Insider". markets.businessinsider.com. Retrieved 15 November 2020.
- "Genuinely Michelle Wigs: Weaving Passion To a Profession". www.accesswire.com. Retrieved 15 November 2020.
- "Kimberly Cloud as the Rising CEO of Blue Cloud Cleaning and Genuinely Michelle Wigs". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 15 November 2020.
- "Kimberly Cloud as the Rising CEO of Blue Cloud Cleaning and Genuinely Michelle Wigs". www.accesswire.com. Retrieved 15 November 2020.