Omollo, Papajones, Babayao, OG
|Add a Photo|
Brian Ouko Robert
June 12, 1990
|Alma mater||Imara Primary School|
|Known for||Mazishi, KHALI CARTEL|
|Coke Studio Africa|
|Style||Hiphop, Rap, Trap|
|Awards||AFRIMA 5th EditionAll Africa Music Awards Soundcity MVP award|
KHALIGRAPH JONES (born 12th June 1990) is a Kenyan Hip hop artist known for his unique style of rapping both in Kiswahili and English.
Khaligraph , who is the 4th of seven siblings, was born and raised in Kayole within Nairobi (Kenya). His mother named him Ouko Robert, after the late Kenyan politician Dr. Robert John Ouko who was assassinated on the 13th of February 1990. His elder brother businessman-cum-artist Span KOB was one of his early idols and inspiration while he was still in primary school. Span KOB who also occasionally still does Hip hop and often appears on his music videos and supports him during concerts. Khaligraph Jones admits that his brother influenced his love for music early on. He grew up listening to a hip hop show by Mwafrika on a Kenyan Radio called Y-FM which also substantially influenced his love for music.
Khaligraph Jones aka Papa Jones aka Babayao aka Mr. Omollo is best known for his unique style of rapping while flowing on a beat. His signature style has earned him a lot of fame across the entire African continent. He has previously worked with many renowned artists across the continent including Sauti Sol%7C|Sauti Sol and Rudeboy (formerly P-Square%7C|P-Square) . In 2020 he became the first Kenyan musician to be nominated for the BET Awards. His nomination was for the Best International Flow category. He was up against Nasty C, DJonga, Kaaris and the eventual winner Stormzy. 
During an interview with Richard Njau aka Astar of CTA (clearing the airwaves), Khaligraph revealed that his career in music dates way back to when he was still in primary school.. His first ever recorded track by the name G.O.S.P.E.L. was a collaboration with his old time friend and musician Hopekid while he was in Class 7. (i.e. Grade 7 in the Kenyan 8-4-4 Education System).
Early into his career, despite much temptation, Khaligraph Jones steered clear of mainstream commercial songs and focussed on releasing only hiphop tracks. His desire was to first establish himself as a true hip hop artist before venturing into genres. His bars have been critically acclaimed. He has in the recent past declared himself the "Best rapper in Africa" after an online feud with a Nigerian rapper Blaq Bones against whom he won the 2020 Soundcity MVP best hip hop act award. He released a fire diss track in response to Blaq Bones complaints with the aim of reminding him who the real OG is.. Their online feud trended on social media in both in Kenya and Nigeria for days. He has since bigged up the artist and claimed that he respects him and would have otherwise ignored him totally had he been a complete push over.
Testament 1990 (Album)
Having released many mixtapes before he finally managed to release his first full-length studio album Testament 1990 in 2018, after having worked on it for over 2 years. According to Khaligraph Jones, Testament 1990 is a testimony of his life, his troubles and those of his country Kenya.
- "KHALIGRAPH". et.coca-cola.com.
- "All Africa Music Award (AFRIMA) | Home". afrima.org.
- Ndirangu, Keshi (January 13, 2020). "Africa: Khaligraph Is the King of Hip Hop in Africa". allAfrica.com.
- "Khaligraph Jones wins big at Sound City MVP Awards in Nigeria [Full list of winners]". Pulse Live Kenya. January 12, 2020.
- "Burna Boy, Tiwa Savage, Rema, Teni & More Win Big at 2020 Soundcity MVP Awards". OkayAfrica. January 13, 2020.
- Oduku, Richard (March 20, 2020). "RICHARD ODUKU - Khaligraph Jones and Emerging Hip Hop Futures in Kenya | The Elephant".
- "Khaligraph Jones Opens Up About Making Ends Meet And His Days As A Bouncer".
- "Kenyan rapper Khaligraph Jones scoops his first BET award nomination".
- "Octopizzo Congratulates Bitter Rival Khaligraph for BET Award Nomination".
- "KHALIGRAPH JONES NOMINATED FOR 2020 BET AWARDS (NOMINEES LIST)".
- "Khaligraph loses out to Stormzy at BET Awards".
- "Khaligraph Jones reaction after losing BET Award to UK's Stomzy".
- "Lwanda Magere legacy".
- "5 Reasons Why You Need To Watch The Cleaning The Airwaves Interviews On YouTube".
- "Twitter reacts to Khaligraph Jones' fire diss track to Nigerian rapper - The Sauce". www.capitalfm.co.ke.
- "The OG shall be respected: Khaligraph Jones devours Nigerian rapper with a heavy disstrack - The Sauce". www.capitalfm.co.ke.
- "Hip hop futures in Kenya".
- "Testimony 1990 – Khaligraph Jones (Album Review)".
- "Khaligraph Jones and Emerging Hip Hop Futures in Kenya".
This article "Khaligraph Jones" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.