|Add a Photo|
|Birth name||Kerstin Recolé Brookins|
|Born||November 7, 1999|
Virginia Beach, Virginia, US
|Add a Photo|
|Citizenship||United States of America|
Kerstin Recolé Brookins (born November 7, 1999), better known professionally as KERSTIN (pronounced "Kirsten"), is an American singer and songwriter. Before gaining notability as KERSTIN on the song Eyes, Brookins's rose to fame by participating in Radio Disney's Next Big Thing in 2009. She later signed to Columbia Records at the age of 19 and released the single "Girls Night Out" under her First name and middle initial in 2015. Brookins's re-emerged in 2019 with the KERSTIN persona, releasing her debut EP E.L.Y. She then released subsequent EPs UNTITLED (2020), Her first compilation EP UNTITLED was released in 2020, consisting of tracks from the singer's first two EPs plus six additional songs.
Wilson was born in Virginia Beach,Virginia, to a Ethiopian mother and an African-American father. Raised in the Atlanta shortly after, she was introduced to the public as a child, before competing on Disney Radio when she was 12 years old. Addressing the secrecy over her identity, KERSTIN. has said: "I'm not in hiding or anything I just want it to be about the music for now, I was never really a big fan of showing my face maybe because my writings is so vulnerable and personal to me"
After being signed to Columbia under Sony at the age of 19, she released a single in 2015 titled "Girls Night Out" under her First name and middle initial" . Re-emerging in late 2019 with a new persona and her debut EP, E.LY. Vol. 1 was released September 9, 2019, produced by anomalous on YouTube beats, Brookins The clip of "eyes" has been viewed over 9 million times.
Consisting mostly of contemporary R&B ballads, Kerstin's songs have been described as "downcast material that sounded vulnerable and assured at once".
Main article: KERSTIN discography
- UNTITLED (2020)
Kerstin in the media
- "KERSTINRECOLEBROOKINS". www.submithub.com. Retrieved June 20, 2020.
- "Kerstin Recolé Brookins". Genius. Retrieved June 20, 2020.
- Kellman, Andy. "KERSTIN Biography". DJICEBERG. Archived from the original on May 20, 2020. Retrieved May 20, 2020.
- "KERSTIN R&B SINGER UNTITLED EP KERSTIN Recolé Brookins @Kerstinofficiall @recoleb in 2020 | Singer, R&b, Mona". Pinterest. Retrieved October 21, 2020.
- "16 Year Old Pop Artist Kerstin Recole Talks With TMI About Her Music Career". Retrieved June 20, 2020.
- "Endlessly Loving You - Kerstin | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved October 21, 2020.
- "Listen Free to Kerstin - Endlessly Loving You Radio on iHeartRadio | iHeartRadio". iHeartRadio. Retrieved October 21, 2020.
- "Kerstin – Eyes". The Hype Magazine. Retrieved June 20, 2020.
- "Kerstin Drops 'Untitled' EP". Retrieved June 20, 2020.
- "Kerstin Delivers Sultry R&B Single "Eyes"". DJIceberg.com. May 18, 2020. Retrieved June 20, 2020.
- "KERSTINR&B SINGER UNTITLED EP". www.amazon.com. Retrieved June 20, 2020.
- Pierceall, Peter Coutu, Alissa Skelton, Kimberly. "Hometown pride, hope for future events as Something in the Water draws to a close". pilotonline.com. Retrieved June 20, 2020.
- "Kerstin Brookins". Athletic.net. Retrieved June 20, 2020.
- Teschke, Sven (September 11, 2014). "Deutsch: Kerstin Griese (* 6. Dezember 1966 in Münster) ist eine deutsche Politikerin (SPD). Die Ratingerin ist Mitglied des Deutschen Bundestages und Vorsitzende des Ausschusses für Arbeit und Soziales". Wikimedia Commons. Retrieved June 20, 2020.
- "Endlessly Loving You - EP by Kerstin". Apple Music. Retrieved June 20, 2020.
- "Endlessly Loving You". Napster. Retrieved October 21, 2020.
- "New R&B Voice Kerstin Delivers Sultry New Single "Eyes" Off Her 'Untitled' EP". www.theurbaninfluencer.com. Retrieved June 20, 2020.
This article "Kerstin (singer)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.