Katherine Emely Gómez
The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Katherine Emely Gómez
|Add a Photo|
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Education||Master of Fine Arts|
|Alma mater||Lehman College|
Katherine Emely Gómez is a visual artist known for her Twinless portraits. She works with photography and oil paintings to illustrate loss, love, imagination and the unconscious mind of a twinship bond; a tribute to her late identical twin sister, Emely Gomez. She is the author and illustrator of “Mixing Colors with Fruits and Tropical Dishes”.
Life and work
Gomez is a first generation American of Dominican parents, she is a New York City native and now lives in Connecticut. Gomez earned a Master of Fine Arts degree from Lehman College in The Bronx, and shortly after graduating landed a digital art position within confectionery industry, followed by a design management role in broadcast production.
Her work's has been presented in various gallery exhibitions, such as The Center for Fine Art Photography., including a solo show at Chashama in Harlem, NY. Her photography and paintings relate to intuitive thought, emptiness and cognitive awareness: the feeling that time has stopped, or of an alternate dream-like universe. Other aspects of her work include spiritual essence and ghostly blur symbolism
She has collaborated with multiple artists including Alba Garcia, an international award-winning filmmaker, in the animated film Time/Space reflections. Inspired by the Gomez's Twinless journey, the stop-motion film is about an inventor who builds space/time portal machine that reaches to other dimensions with the goal of re-connecting with her deceased twin sister. Active in her community, Gomez curated a pop-up group show at The Living Gallery in Brooklyn, NY.
As Author and Illustrator
Gomez holds a Masters in Fine Arts from Lehman College - the City University of New York.
- Dunne, Susan. "Open Studio Hartford: A 'Twinless Twin' Tribute Among Hundreds Of Artworks". courant.com. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- Pinto, Carolina. "Llena de Inspiracion Fraternal" [Full of Fraternal Inspiration]. eldiariony.com.
- "F-Stop Magazine". F-Stop Magazine. 2016-11-06. Retrieved 2020-09-28.
- Gallery, Chashama. "Artist Statement". chashama.org.
- Wall, Patrick. "Death of a Former Student Inspires Doll Maker's Stop-Motion Film". DNA Info.
- "2016 OFFICIAL SELECTION | Time/Space Reflections directed by Alba Garcia – OFFICIAL LATINO". Retrieved 2020-09-27.
- Gallery, The Living (2014-01-14). "News12 Exhibition". The Living Blog. Retrieved 2020-09-27.
- Katherine Emely Gómez on Instagram
- Katherine Emely Gómez on Facebook
- About Katherine Emely Gomez - Amazon.com
- Katherine Emely Gomez on Etsy
- Spirit Award: Emely | Epilepsy NYC - Epilepsy Foundation
This article "Katherine Emely Gómez" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.