The topic of this article may not meet Wikitia's general notability guideline. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||November 27, 2001|
|Alma mater||Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan|
|Awards||"Nagpur Ratna" (Diamond of Nagpur City)|
Kartik Gurmule (born 27 November 2001 in Nagpur) is an Indian entrepreneur and businessman. He is the founder of KASA, a luxury shoe boutique; and co-founder of Tryft, and Rydable. He started doing business at the age of 12, as a trader of social media accounts and domain names.
Kartik was born in Nagpur in the Indian state of Maharashtra to his father, a structural engineer, and mother, a housewife. He taught himself to design and code websites with the help of Youtube and books and made his first, 'Young Star Kids' at the age of 13. Kartik graduated from Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Secondary School in 2018.
Kartik traded social media accounts and domain names for 4 years until he was 16 years old. At the age of 16, in 2017, Kartik put his savings to launch his first start-up, a luxury boutique of shoe and accessories, KASA from his bedroom. Kartik partnered with businessmen in the Italy to manufacture KASA branded leather shoes. Within a year of launch, KASA's social media presence increased from 0 to 200,000.
In 2019, Kartik teamed up with American entrepreneur Terry McGinnis to launch his second start-up, Rydable which is an online retailer of electric skateboards, scooters and bikes. In 2020, Kartik and Terry planned to launch their biggest and most significant start-up, Tryft, which aims to increase re-usability of products, decrease waste, and provide the best deals possible via introduction of brand new and ecologically friendly alternative to high-cost brand goods at thrift prices from their selected suppliers and individual sellers.
Awards and recognitions
- On 8th February 2020, Kartik was awarded the prestige title of "Nagpur Ratna" (Diamond of Nagpur City) by R.P Samarth Committee.
In the media
- Kartik Gurmule on linkedin
- Kartik Gurmule on instagram
- Kartik Gurmule on crunchbase
- Kartik Gurmule on starter story
- "Crunchbase Profile". Crunchbase.
- Smith, Stella (25 February 2020). "Kartik Gurmule is taking Teen-Entrepreneurship to the next level". Medium (website).
- "This 18-Year-Old Teen From India Runs Four Million Dollar Companies". Digital Journal. Feb 17, 2020.
- Mahajan, Deepish (2020-02-19). "The Startup Story Behind KASA - An Italian Luxury Boutique by Kartik Gurmule". TimesNext. Retrieved 2020-03-03.
- "Kartik Gurmule – 18 year old on his way to compete the big companies". Crazy About Startups. Feb 14, 2020.
- "Vidarbha Ratna, Nagpur Ratna Awards to be given on Feb 8". www.thehitavada.com. Retrieved 2020-03-03.
This article "Kartik Gurmule" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.