|Died||February 10, 2010|
|Cause of death||Cancer|
|Education||Bachelor's Degree in History|
Master's Degree in History
|Alma mater||University of Colorado Boulder|
University of Florida
Judith Beale was a certified archivist and historian.
Education & Early Life
Beale was born Pendeen in Cornwall, England where her father was a keeper. She met her husband, Roger, while on vacation in the United States in 1991. In 1992 they moved to Colorado and were married in 1994 in Salina, CO.,they moved to Florida in 1996.
In 1996, Beale graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Colorado, Boulder in 1996 with a Bachelor's Degree in History. She graduated from the University of Florida in 2000 with a Master's Degree in History. Beale became a Certified Archivist in 2006.
In 2005, the Society of Florida Archivists created the Student Scholarship Award which was named after Beale after her death in 2010 for her enthusiasm for archives. The scholarship allows funding for students and archives to attend the Society's Annual Meeting. To qualify, undergraduate and graduate students must be pursuing an archival profession and be current or new members of the Society.
She was acknowledged as "a tireless historian, always searching for more photographs and memorabilia to build the university's collection" in University of Central Florida by Nathan Holic. She is credited as finding many of the images in the book.
In 1997, Beale was diagnosed with breast cancer and beat it with chemotherapy treatments. After 13 years, the cancer reappeared in her liver. She passed away from cancer on February 10, 2010.
In the media
- "Judith Ann Beale." Biography and Genealogy Master Index. Ed. Jeffrey Muhr. Detroit: Gale, 2016. Biography and Genealogy Master Index. Gale. Illinois State University, Milner Lib.. 11 Mar. 2020 <https://find.gale.com/bgmi/start.do?prodId=BGMI>.
- "We Remember Judith Beale" (PDF). Society of Florida Archivists Newsletter. Retrieved March 11, 2020.
- "Society of Florida Archivists - Judith Beale Scholarship". www.florida-archivists.org. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- "Society of Florida Archivists | Society of American Archivists". www2.archivists.org. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- Holic, Nathan; Association, UCF Alumni (2009). "University of Central Florida". Arcadia Publishing. ISBN 978-0-7385-6768-6.
- "in memoriam" (PDF). Archival Outlook: 25.
This article "Judith Beale" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.