Juan Pablo Mohr Prieto
Juan Pablo Mohr Prieto
|Born||9 February 1987|
|Alma mater||Diego Portales University|
|Occupation||Architect and Mountaineer|
Juan Pablo Mohr Prieto (born February 9, 1987) is a Chile architect and mountaineer.
In 2012, he graduated as an architect from the Diego Portales University and later devoted himself to taking mountaineering and rescue courses. He created the DeporteLibre Foundation, a non-profit organization that creates public sports infrastructure in abandoned spaces. 
In 2017, Prieto and Sebastián Rojas managed to summit Annapurna Massif, becoming the first Chileans to achieve this feat. In 2019, Mohr was registered in the Guinness World Records for being the first person to summit Lhotse and Mount Everest without having to return to the Base camp in less than a week, without the help of Sherpas and without oxygen. In October of the same year, he made an ascent under the same conditions to Dhaulagiri, also without supplementary oxygen and without the help of Sherpas.
After these ascents, Mohr began to outline a project to climb to the highest summit of each of Chile's sixteen regions and build mountain shelters in all of them, declaring that “as an architect I want to design and build shelters in the highest mountains. from each region to expand mountaineering in Chile", also developing mountaineering workshops and training for local communities with the aim of generating a system that allows the local administration of each refuge and generating activities that promote mountain culture, with the support of the Ministry of National Assets , the National Institute of Sports and the National Tourism Service.
In late 2020, Mohr traveled to K2 with Sergi Mingote to pioneer its promotion in the dead of winter. Mohr was with Mingote when he fell and died on January 16, 2021. After the death of his partner, Mohr decided to continue his attempt with the Italian mountaineer Tamara Lunger, who later could not continue either. Mohr then followed the route of ascent alongside Pakistani mountaineers Ali Sadpara and Icelandic John Snorri Sigurjónsson. Sajid, Muhammad's 20-year-old son, was forced to return from the so-called 'Bottleneck (K2) due to a malfunctioning oxygen regulator. On Friday, February 5, when the trio was preparing to conquer the summit, they lost contact with their GPS devices, presumably frozen by the extreme cold in the area. On Saturday the 6th, the three mountaineers were reported as missing and the search began with the help of helicopters from the Pakistani army that reached up to 7 thousand meters, but due to adverse weather conditions they had to suspend the rescue without seeing Mohr and his companions.
- "Juan Pablo Mohr : Red de Líderes Jóvenes". www.redlideres.cl. Retrieved 2021-02-08.
- "Histórico: Cordada chilena hace cumbre en el Annapurna | Revista Escalando". Retrieved 2021-02-08.
- Mostrador, El (2020-05-25). "Juan Pablo Mohr, el montañista chileno que logró un Récord Guinness en dos de las cumbres más altas del mundo". El Mostrador (in español). Retrieved 2021-02-08.
- "» Juan Pablo Mohr: "Cada 'ocho mil' es más difícil que el anterior"" (in español). Retrieved 2021-02-08.
- S.A.P, El Mercurio (2020-04-23). "El tremendo y noble desafío por el que irá el montañista chileno que hizo historia consiguiendo un Récord Guinness | Emol.com". Emol (in Spanish). Retrieved 2021-02-08.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
- "El Volcán Tronador en nuestra región fue la primera cumbre conquistada: Montañista Juan Pablo Mohr pretende subir las 16 cumbres más altas de cada una de las regiones del país". El Heraldo Austral (in español). Retrieved 2021-02-08.
- "Missing on K2 Juan Pablo Mohr, Muhammad Ali Sadpara, John Snorri". PlanetMountain.com. Retrieved 2021-02-08.
- "Juan Pablo Mohr se encuentra desaparecido en la montaña K2". AS Chile (in español). 2021-02-06. Retrieved 2021-02-08.
- S.A.P, El Mercurio (2021-02-06). "Se suspende por mal clima la búsqueda del montañista chileno Juan Pablo Mohr y sus compañeros, desaparecidos en el K2 | Emol.com". Emol (in Spanish). Retrieved 2021-02-08.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
This article "Juan Pablo Mohr Prieto" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.