Jovan Ashley Young
April 17, 1988
|Alma mater||Sedgehill School|
Jovan Ashley Young (born 17 April 1988) is a British former boxer, Actor, Model, Motivational Speaker and Personal Trainer.
Early Life and Education
Young was born to Jamaican parents, raised in South East London. He studied at Sedgehill School.
Young started the sport of boxing in 2005 when he joined the London boxing club Fitzroy Lodge, the longest-established Amateur Boxing clubs in London lead by British renowned coach Mick Carney MBE. He started to gain traction after winning his first London title at the ABA National Championships in 2009. Young was then invited to compete with the Jamaican National Boxing team in 2011, and fought his way to becoming the number one champion in the Jamaican Nationals, leading him to be assigned team captain.
This led to Young being strategically selected for the Commonwealth Games and World amateur championships, becoming a Bronze medalist in The Central American and Caribbean Games (CAC) and Silver Medalist in the Pan American Games Qualifiers. After international amateur success, and suffering the death of his coach & mentor Mick Carney MBE, Young relocated to the United States and turned professional.
Young has local influence and was giving advice to MP’s in The House of Commons to influence policy and actively campaigning for his community. Young made his debut as a model in 2015 for GQ in an editorial by Elgar Johnson featuring Max Curzon, Luke Farley, Mackenzie James, Connor Newall, Danny Parsons and Young himself.
By 2017, he secured a lead supporting role as an actor in the web series "Growin' Pains."
Young continues his athletic and mentoring career, speaking at popular self-development events. After a break from professional boxing, Jovan is now working on his comeback to the ring in the UK
|2017||Growin' Pains||"Nathan"||(Web Series) Season One (10 Episodes)|
|2018||Growin' Pains||"Nathan"||(Web Series) Season Two (Filming)|
|2018||London Man Dem||"Ricky"||Short Film (Releasing December 2018)|
- ↑ "Jovan Young Official Boxing Record". Box Rec.
- ↑ "Jovan Young's Testimonial". oin in with Carney's Community. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- ↑ "Fitzroy Lodge ABC".
- ↑ "Carib Neighbours Respond To Jamaica's Call". jamaica-gleaner.com. 17 July 2011.
- ↑ "Jovan Young's back home and boxing in Camden". Eurosport. 15 July 2013.
- ↑ "'Youngstar' Jovan Young Interview". First Class Boxing. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
- ↑ "Gang culture is ignored because there are no votes in it". The Independent. 3 March 2016.
- ↑ "GQ".
- ↑ "Growin' Pains (2017– ) Full Cast & Crew". IMDB.
- ↑ "The Estate We're In: The grans and ex-gangsters hoping to turn dreams into profits". Evening Standard.
- ↑ "Inspired in London".
- Jovan Young on Twitter
- Jovan Young on Instagram
- Jovan Young's channel on YouTube
- Jovan Young on IMDb
- Jovan Young at BoxRec
This article "Jovan Young" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.