United States of America
|Products||Nut milk concentrates|
JOI is a vegan food and beverage brand that produces nut milk concentrates called Plant Bases.
The company was founded in San Francisco in 2016, and its products are available to consumers and businesses in the United States and Canada.
JOI’s founders - Tony Jimenez, Izzy Shu, Dave Korstad and Elise Gill - met at the California College of the Arts while earning their MBA in Design Strategy (DMBA) in 2013, and formed the idea for JOI as a thesis project. The company was incorporated in 2016.
JOI is headquartered in Miami, FL. The company’s CEO is Hector Gutierrez, who joined in 2018.
The company’s investors and advisors include American singer and songwriter Pitbull (rapper), and vegan author and exercise physiologist, Marco Borges.
In December 2020, the company expanded its product range to include a Cashew Hazelnut Oat Creamer concentrate, designed for coffee and made with cashews, gluten-free oats, pea protein and Himalayan salt.
JOI’s packaging is 100% recyclable.
- January 7, Cheyenne Buckingham; 2021 (2021-01-07). "5 Food Trends You'll See in Restaurants in 2021". Eat This Not That. Retrieved 2021-02-08.
- "JOI | Taste Plant Milk for the First Time". JOI. Retrieved 2021-01-12.
- Wile, Rob (2020-06-29). "Miami almond milk company is helping Americans ditch the dairy".
- Abarbanel, Aliza. "I'll Never Run Out of Nut Milk Thanks to This Creamy Concentrate". Bon Appétit. Retrieved 2021-02-08.
- dairyreporter.com. "New launches in dairy and dairy alternatives". dairyreporter.com. Retrieved 2021-01-12.
- "How a Family Health Scare Turned Into An Industry-Disrupting Vegan Product". Veg World Magazine. 2020-12-03. Retrieved 2021-01-12.