Jimmy Lea Pty Ltd
|Industry||Engineering, Architectural and related services|
|Founder||Dr. Jimmy Lea|
|Headquarters||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Australia and Singapore|
|Services||Engineering and Simulation|
Jimmy Lea Pty Ltd. is an engineering and simulation consulting firm that specializes in plant engineering design, computational fluid dynamics, fluid structure interaction, and blast effects analysis, to name a few. Founded in 2011, the company focuses on improving the employees’ safety and the organization’s profitability by serving across industries like food and beverage, manufacturing, and chemical and mineral processing.
Jimmy Lea Pty Ltd. was founded in 2011 by Dr. Jimmy Lea, its director, who comes with 20+ years of experience in engineering and advanced simulation analysis. As a specialist consulting firm, Jimmy Lea’s engineering consultants provide scientifically-backed inputs to clients with the objective of improving the employees’ safety and the organization’s profitability. Its services spread across chemical & petrochemical, defence & security, food & beverage, manufacturing, marine & offshore, mining & mineral processing industries, to name a few.
In the past five years, Jimmy Lea Pty Ltd has delivered over 100 simulation-related projects to clients both in the public and private sectors. The company is spearheaded by chartered engineers, simulation specialists, and technologists who have a combined experience of over 50 years.
The design standards used by Jimmy Lea Pty Ltd include American Petroleum Institute Standards, Australian Dangerous Goods Code, Australian Standards, British Standards, European Standards, Federal Emergency Management Agency Guidelines, Good Manufacturing Practice Guidelines, North Atlantic Treaty Organization AASTP-1 & 4, Singapore Standards, the Unified Facilities Criteria, IWA 14-1 and PAS 68.
Headquartered in Australia, Jimmy Lea Pty Ltd. has offices in Sydney and Singapore. Currently, the company services clients based in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Canberra, Adelaide, Darwin, Hobart, Singapore, and Jakarta.
Jimmy Lea Pty Ltd’s services are beneficial to companies that wish to reinforce their infrastructure against blast waves, enhance building performance or design a major hazard facility. The services provided by the company are as follows:
- Plant Engineering Design: Jimmy Lea’s mechanical engineering design is supported by 2D drafting and 3D geometrical modeling.
- Chemical Process Engineering: Jimmy Lea provides conceptual and front-end engineering design services using ASPEN PLUS and ASPEN HYSYS.
- Plant Hazard Mitigation: Jimmy Lea conducts plant hazard, risk and consequence assessment in the chemical, petrochemical, hydrocarbon, oil refinery, LNG plants and all major hazard facilities.
- Building Services Review : Jimmy Lea operates in the areas of mechanical services, hydraulic services, environmental sustainable design, and fire engineering.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics : Jimmy Lea undertakes projects related to aerodynamic studies, environment, food & beverage, renewable energy, defence & security, shipbuilding and wastewater.
- Fluid Structure Interaction : Jimmy Lea helps clients solve product design challenges that cater to engines, gas turbines, heat exchangers, and cryogenic components.
- Explicit Dynamics Analysis : Jimmy Lea helps analyze how a structure responds when subjected to severe loadings from another solid object, like a bird striking an airplane wing.
- Blast Effect Analysis : Jimmy Lea’s BEA consulting services include aerospace applications, explosives development material science, personnel protection and public space.
Jimmy Lea Pty Ltd is affiliated with Engineers Australia and the Board of Professional Engineers of Queensland.
- "Industrial applications of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) | Engineers Australia". www.engineersaustralia.org.au. Retrieved 24 August 2022.
- "Jimmy Lea". profiles.uts.edu.au. Retrieved 24 August 2022.
- "Jimmy Lea P/L - Simulation Consultants, Computer Aided Engineering". JIMMY LEA P/L - Engineering & Simulation. Retrieved 24 August 2022.
- "JIMMY LEA CHARTERED ENGINEERS, An Australia Trademark of Jimmy Lea. Application Number: 1603403 :: Trademark Elite Trademarks". www.trademarkelite.com. Retrieved 24 August 2022.
- "JIMMY LEA PTY LTD - Design - Overview, Competitors, and Employees". Apollo.io. Retrieved 24 August 2022.
- "JIMMY LEA PTY LTD". www.dnb.com. Retrieved 24 August 2022.
- "Welcome to Engineers Australia Portal". portal.engineersaustralia.org.au. Retrieved 24 August 2022.