Jared Phillip Robinson
December 5, 1982
Sumter, South Carolina
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Alma mater||Central Carolina technical College|
|Known for||Professional Athlete|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Children||Kingston and Marley Panton-Robinson|
Jared Robinson (born December 5, 1982) is an American professional fighter/athlete, boxing trainer, licensed bodywork and pain specialist. He is the founder of Sacred boxing, an academy that promotes teaching boxing techniques and yielding future boxing champions. Robinson also founded Bodywork at Work, a company that focuses on the health and wellness of the employees of any organization by delivering workplace massage therapies to corporate clients.
Robinson’s professional boxing record is recorded as 16-2-1, under the alias, “The quiet Storm”. He has been featured on Showtime, ESPN, and CBS televised fights and holds the title of USBO Superlight Weight.
Early life and education
Robinson was born on December 5, 1982, in Sumter, South Carolina, to Jerome Robinson Sr. and Sherri K Scott. He attended Sumter High School and later enrolled in Central Carolina Technical College to complete his graduation. He earned his certification as a massage and neuromuscular therapist in 2004 from the Southeastern School of Neuromuscular and Massage Therapy.
Early and amateur years
Robinson was interested in boxing since age 12. He grew up watching boxer Ali on ESPN Classics and Friday Night fights, which compelled him to pursue a boxing career.
Robinson started in the boxing gym in November 2001 and within three months he had his first boxing match in January 2001. His amateur record was 49-19, with 11 knockouts. During his amateur career, he won several awards and recognitions and gained much-needed fame by winning several regional, state, and national championships. Towards the end of his amateur career, Robinson decided to become a professional fighter.
Robinson established Sacred Boxing in 2009, as an academy that promotes teaching boxing techniques and yielding future boxing champions. In 2020, when the entire world was hit by the pandemic and was under lockdown, Robinson began sharing his boxing techniques and corrections on his YouTube and Instagram pages. Robinson’s mission was to empower people through boxing training.
In December 2014, Robinson founded Bodywork at Work, a company that focuses on the health and wellness of the employees of any organization by delivering workplace massage therapies to corporate clients.
Prior to founding his own boxing academy and therapy company, Robinson worked with several massage and spa centers as a therapist, including the Zen Massage, Tranquil Journey Spa, Palmetto Chiropractic Clinic, Health Max Centre, Massage Envy, and Haven Spa Boutique.
Awards and recognitions
- Robinson has won four South Carolina State Golden Gloves Championships.
- He is also the winner of four South Carolina State Golden Gloves Championships.
- Credited as Regional Men's Champion, 2008.
- Bronze Medalist in the US Men's Nationals, 2008.
- Bronze Medalist in PAL Nationals, 2008.
- Ranked #2 in the United States during 2008 and 2009, as per USA Boxing rankings.
- USBO Superlight Weight Title, 2015.
Licenses and certifications
- Certified in Neuromuscular Reprogramming by Healus Neuro Rehab Center.
- Massage Cupping - ACE Massage Cupping and MediCupping, Credential ID 9502
- Licensed Massage Bodywork Therapist - North Carolina Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy, Credential ID 9502
In the media
- "Boxing Lessons with Professional Boxer Jared Robinson". www.aperture.university. Retrieved 27 September 2022.
- "Jared Robinson". E3Live. Retrieved 27 September 2022.
- NC, Jared Robinson Massage Therapist in Charlotte. "View Jared Robinson's profile on MassageBook". MassageBook. Retrieved 27 September 2022.
- "Jared Robinson boxer". www.fightsrec.com. Retrieved 27 September 2022.
- Velin, Bob. "Amir Imam ready to take next career step on Saturday in El Paso". USA TODAY. Retrieved 27 September 2022.
- "Boxing champion gives back". The Sumter Item. Retrieved 27 September 2022.
- "JARED ROBINSON: "TIMOTHY BRADLEY IS THE BEST FIGHTER AT 140"|| FIGHTHYPE.COM". www.fighthype.com. Retrieved 27 September 2022.
- "Jared Robinson - BoxRec". boxrec.com. Retrieved 27 September 2022.