James Wise (businessman)
|Alma mater||Oxford University|
James Wise is a venture capitalist from Stockport, England.
He studied at University of Oxford. He was a director of the charity Social Business Trust, before becoming the youngest partner of a European Venture Firm in 2016 at Balderton Capital. He is associated with Balderton investments into Financial technology companies including Revolut and GoCardless, and sits on the board of notable technology companies including Sophia Genetics and 3D Hubs. He is considered an influential figure in British Private Equity and Venture Capital Association.
In 2011, he was appointed as a Specialist Advisor to the Select committee (United Kingdom) on charity and social enterprise, and in 2020 advised the Parliamentary Select Committee on the British Government's Industrial Strategy. He is a trustee of the cross-party think-tank Demos (UK think tank)
- McCoy, Frankie (2018-04-13). "Meet London's leading tech investors". www.standard.co.uk. Retrieved 2021-01-21.
- "Elizabeth Paton, James Wise (Published 2019)". The New York Times. 2019-06-30. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2021-01-21.
- "Balderton Capital Promotes Rob Moffat And James Wise To Partner". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2021-01-21.
- Ghosh, Shona. "The 36 coolest tech investors in the UK". Business Insider. Retrieved 2021-01-21.
- GENETICS, SOPHiA. "SOPHiA GENETICS Raises $30 Million in Series D Funding to Accelerate its Mission of Democratizing Data-Driven Medicine Worldwide". www.prnewswire.co.uk. Retrieved 2021-01-21.
- Wood, Isobel Asher Hamilton, Mary Hanbury, Charlie. "UK Tech 100: The 100 most influential people shaping British technology in 2019". Business Insider. Retrieved 2021-01-21.
- "House of Commons - The Big Society - Public Administration Committee". publications.parliament.uk. Retrieved 2021-01-21.
- "Committee examines scaling-up & opportunities for growth - Committees - UK Parliament". committees.parliament.uk. Retrieved 2021-01-21.
- "Demos - Charity 1042046". register-of-charities.charitycommission.gov.uk. Retrieved 2021-01-21.
This article "James Wise (businessman)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.