Ismaël Adam Cissé
Ismaël Adam Cissé
|Born||August 2, 1980|
|Height||198 cm (6 ft 6 in)|
Ismaël Adam Cissé (born on August 02 1980) is an Ivory Coast-based French-Canadian entrepreneur and investment banker. He is the founder of Sirius Capital, one of the leading corporate and investment banking companies operating primarily in and across Africa. Ismaël was named CEO of the year by African Leadership Magazine for spearheading the success of Sirius Capital.
Ismaël has an extensive financial experience of more than 12 years acquired in North America and has worked with industry leaders like State Street, Transforce and PwC before embarking on his entrepreneurial journey. He has structured, arranged, and raised more than 3 Billion USD in order to finance public and private sectors and is recognized for finding innovative solutions in order to solve complex financing issues.
Early life and education
Ismaël was born in France and grew up in Côte d'Ivoire. His father, Adama Cissé, is an Architect and his mother, Maconi Soumahoro Cisse, is a teacher, community leader and speaker. At the age of 8, Ismaël began learning programming, and by 12 he became a computer tutor. His love for technology and entrepreneurship was piqued by his father who is a renowned real estate entrepreneur.
During his high school years, Ismaël was involved in sports at the competitive level and played BasketBall and American Football. In 2003, he acquired a bachelor’s degree in Finance and IT from HEC Montreal. In 2013, Ismaël enrolled in Mc. Gill University to pursue a diploma in International Business. In 2016 he acquired his MBA degree from Paris Dauphine. And as of 2021, Ismaël completed a Fintech Program at Harvard Business School.
Ismaël began his career in 2003 as an Investment Advisor to Investors Group, where he worked for two years. In 2005, he became a Senior Investment Analyst for State Street, where he worked for three years. During this time, Ismaël was responsible for the audit of accounting transactions, financial statement preparation, and verification.
In 2009, Ismaël joined Transforce as a Financial Analyst and Division Advisor, where he worked for four years. In 2013, he became a Senior Consultant at PwC Consulting, where he served for over two years.
Ismaël founded Sirius Capital, an Investment Banking firm based in Abidjan, in 2015. Sirius Capital evolved fast under his direction to become one of the region's top institutions and a member of the Regional West African Stock Exchange.
Ismaël is married to Athina Niekou who is also an Entrepreneur and serves as the CEO of Maara Group. He is the father of two children. Ismaël is fluent in French and English.
In the media
- "Emission Leitmotiv` / Invité: M. CISSE ISMAEL DG-SIRIUS CAPITAL (1ère partie) - Abidjan.net Vidéos". news.abidjan.net (in français). Retrieved 22 December 2021.
- "Coronavirus: L'Impact du virus sur les Marchés Financiers – Strat'Marques". stratmarques.com (in français). Retrieved 22 December 2021.
- "Ismaël CISSE – Salon de l'Epargne, de l'Investissement et du Patrimoine". salondelepargne.com (in français). Retrieved 22 December 2021.
- "Interview/Ismaël Cissé, DG de Sirius Capital : Notre vocation est d'être cet intermédiaire crédible entre les investisseurs et les projets à fort potentiel …". sikafinance.com. Retrieved 22 December 2021.
- "Sirius Capital co-chef de file d'un emprunt obligataire du Trésor ivoirien". Financial Afrik (in français). 24 October 2017. Retrieved 22 December 2021.
- "You are being redirected..." www.fratmat.info. Retrieved 22 December 2021.
- "SIRIUS CAPITAL s'ouvre au marché de l'investissement boursier en devenant la 12ème SGI en Côte d'Ivoire". Financial Afrik (in français). 2 February 2017. Retrieved 22 December 2021.
- "Interview- Ismaël CISSÉ (DG Sirius Capital): " L'impact réel du Covid-19 sur l'économie reste incertain et dépendra de la rapidité du retour à la normalité" | 7info". | 7info (in français). 11 May 2020. Retrieved 22 December 2021.
- "Ismael Cissé - Why Africa's Job Numbers aren't Growing". issuu. Retrieved 22 December 2021.
- "Secrets d'entrepreneurs avec Ismael Cissé - Sirius Capital - Vidéo Dailymotion". Dailymotion. 14 October 2021. Retrieved 22 December 2021.
- "Côte d'Ivoire : Sirius Capital annonce la mise en œuvre de « financement innovant » pour l'agro-industrie - Abidjan.net News". news.abidjan.net (in français). Retrieved 22 December 2021.
- "SIRIUS CAPITAL Co- chef de file de l'émission du SUKUK ETAT DU MALI 6.25% 2018-2025". Financial Afrik (in français). 7 February 2018. Retrieved 22 December 2021.