|Add a Photo|
|Alma mater||Université Catholique de Louvain|
|Occupation||Professor of geography at the Université Catholique de Louvain|
Isabelle Thomas is ordinary professor of geography at the Université Catholique de Louvain (Belgium) and research director of FRS-FNRS.. She is member of the Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE)
- 1979: MA in Geography from UCLouvain
- 1979: Aggrégation for high school level in Geography from UCLouvain
- 1984: PhD in Geography from UCLouvain
- 2000: Aggrégation for University level from UClouvain
For most of her career, Thomas has held academic positions except for five years (1987–1991) that she spent at the headquarters of the Belgian police force studying the spatial structures of road accidents.
Since 1992, her research work has been focusing on transport, economic and quantitative geography..
Her main research topics are:
- Modelling optimal locations of human activities and more particularly the sensitivity of the location-allocation and transportation models to their geographical inputs;
- Applied quantitative analysis for spatial data with topics such as scale;
- M.A.U.P. : Modifiable Areal Unit Problem;
- Statistical mapping;
- Landscape morphometrics;
- Transport geography;
- Big Data
Application domains are mainly socio-economic and transportation issues in Belgium.
Thomas never hesitates to collaborate with researchers of other disciplines to deal with cutting edge topics and methods. She is an active member of several editorial boards of international scientific journals in geography as well as in scientific national and international commissions and boards.
From 2016 to 2019 she was research director of the Center for Operations Research and Econometrics.
In the media
- Isabelle THOMAS - Google Scholar
- Isabelle Thomas | UCLouvain - Université catholique de Louvain
- Isabelle Thomas Université Catholique de Louvain - UCLouvain
- Isabelle Thomas on linkedin
- Thomas Isabelle - Academy of Europe
- Prof. Isabelle Thomas | COST TU1305
- Isabelle Thomas - EconPapers
This article "Isabelle Thomas" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.