Dr. India White
|Alma mater||University of Florida|
India White (born June 5, 1985) is a Doctor of Education, author, coach, entrepreneur, and motivational speaker. She is best known to have authored more than 37 books and was named Teacher of the Year in two counties.
White has been an educational leader for over 15 years. White has her speaking engagements with various non-profit organizations including the YMCA, National Association of Professional Women (NAPW), Hillsborough Education Foundation (HEF) and more. She delivers speeches wherein she shares her life journey of hardships and victories and set an example for her audiences to overcome the adversities of life and achieve success.
White has been honored with several awards as an entrepreneur, including “Most Successful in Business” by the 100 Successful Women in Business, and “Woman of the Year” by the National Association of Professional Women. She has been featured in several magazines, including Sarasota Magazine, Project Success, and SRQ.
Early life and education
White was born on June 5, 1985, in Tampa, Florida. Her initial years were filled with hardships and uncertainties. She was the 9th out of her 10 siblings and was thrown out of the house by her mother when she was 16 years old. Being unaccepted by her father as well, she got into the YMCA Homeless shelter.
She studied at Venice High School and was a TSIC and Gates Millennium scholar. She was motivated to study hard and enrolled in several courses and extracurricular activities. Though she was great at studies, White was often bullied for being homeless. She met her mentors Sharon Hamant, and Vickie Oldham, who supported her in becoming a successful professional woman. Her mentors acted as her biggest supporters and believed in her capabilities and helped her channel her efforts in the right direction.
After graduating from Sarasota High School with a 4.25 GPA, White enrolled at the University of Florida. She is a three-time graduate of the university. First, White graduated from the University with a bachelor's degree in math in 2007. Then, she enrolled for a master's degree in educational leadership. And finally, she obtained a doctorate in Educational Leadership and Administration.
White began her career in 2007 as a math teacher at Alachua County Public Schools. In 2012, while continuing her studies at the University of Florida, India took a job with the Hillsborough County Public Schools. During 2014-2018 India was the Teacher of the Year twice, she taught math in two different schools, and afterward, she served as an assistant principal at two more schools.
In 2016, India began her own businesses, the Tutoring Incentives and Mentoring Program Inc. and Rising Glory Production LLC. In 2019, White became a national education consultant and is now a co-author for Big Ideas Learning a math textbook publishing company.
White also works as a motivational speaker and helps raise money for at-risk youth scholarships. She continues writing her books and attending motivational meetings as a speaker. Besides, India is a licensed minister in the Apostolic faith. In 2022, White was invited to take a part in a TEDx Ocala independent speaking event.
Apart from her contributions to various journals, workbooks, manuals, and co-author collaborations, in 2019, White authored a book Double For My Trouble. The book is an autobiography, about White's life story. She shares her own experience of being homeless. The book describes how White, having overcome all obstacles, finally reached success as an author, speaker, motivator, educational leader, and entrepreneur.White has started an online school called Grit Academy in which she tutors students in math, life skills and teaches them how to THRIVE. White was recently nominated as a 2022 Gators 40 Under 40 honoree from the University of Florida.
- Double For My Trouble (2019)
- How are You Overcoming Today?
- How are You Overcoming with God Today?
- Mentor Me!
- Success in a Book
- How to Overcome Obstacles from Your Past (Volume 1)
- How to Overcome Obstacles from Your Past (Volume 2)
- How to Overcome Obstacles from Your Past (Volume 3)
- How to Overcome Obstacles from Your Past (Volume 4)
- How to Overcome Obstacles from Your Past
- Mentor Me!
- Success in a Book
- A Mother's Love During the Pandemic
- Pretty Woman Hustle
- Breaking the Book of Silence
- Polishing Your Jewels
- In Her Shoes: Women of Faith
- 100 Most Successful Women around the World 2021
- Blueprints from Heaven
- The Power of an Overcomer
- Pretty, Paid and Powerful: 40 Days of Empowering the Woman Within
- It's not easy: Don't Tell Me to Get Over It
- Stepping into Your Territory
- I Survived It
- Equity in Dignity
Awards and recognitions
- Gators 40 Under 40 Honoree, 2022
- Member of International Society of Female Professionals, 2022
- ASALH Triumphant Scholar Award, 2021
- Annual Women's Day Award – Greater Hurst AME Church, 2021
- 100 Successful Women in Business Award, 2020
- Honor Society Member, 2018
- Teacher of the Year, 2018
- Golden Key International Honor Society, 2017
- Licensed Minister, 2017
- Teacher of the Year, 2014
- Woman of the Year – International Women's Leadership Association, 2013
- National Executive Professional Woman of the Year, 2012
- Alumni of the Year, 2012
- Deans List – University of Florida, 2006
- Saxophone Player - University of Florida Pride of the Sunshine Marching Band, 2003
White is a mother of two children and currently resides in Florida. White lost her sister, father, and mother during the years 2013, 2015, and 2016 respectively. White ministers in her spare time at various conferences and likes to spend quality time with her family and mentors, Sharon and Vickie.
In the media
- "Print on Demand & Self-Publishing for $2.75 a Book at TheBookPatch.com". The Book Patch. Retrieved 16 September 2022.
- "India White - University of Florida Alumni Association". connect.ufalumni.ufl.edu. Retrieved 16 September 2022.
- "India White - University of Florida Alumni Association". connect.ufalumni.ufl.edu. Retrieved 19 September 2022.
- White, India (4 June 2019). "Double for My Trouble!". amazon. India White. Retrieved 16 September 2022.
- Kimel, Earle. "Soaring high after being homeless". Sarasota Herald-Tribune. Retrieved 16 September 2022.
- "Double For My Trouble! by India White : $20.00 : 9781733126427 : TheBookPatch.com". app.thebookpatch.com. Retrieved 16 September 2022.