|Type of business||Private|
|Headquarters||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Area served||36 countries|
|Key people||Lasanka Perera (COO)|
|Industry||Digital currency exchange|
|Revenue||A$9.7 million (2018)|
Independent Reserve is a digital currency exchange headquartered in Sydney, New South Wales. They are an order book exchange and OTC desk for Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin and many others, paired with 3 fiat currencies in approximately 36 countries.
Independent Reserve was founded in June 2013 by Adrian Przelozny and Adam Tepper. Adam passed away February 2015 in motorcycle accident and Adrian Przelozny took over as CEO. In 2018, Mike Tilley alongside with KTM Ventures invested in to Independent Reserve for 25 per cent of the company.
In November 2018, Independent Reserve opened a coworking space for blockchain companies called IR Ventures. In January 2020, Independent Reserve announced their expansion into Singapore citing favourable regulatory conditions.
Independent Reserve has two core products: An open order book exchange for trading a variety of digital assets and an OTC desk which was launched in March 2018. In February 2019, Independent Reserve was the first Australian digital asset exchange to offer insurance on cryptocurrency assets.
In the media
- "Current details for ABN 46 164 257 069". Australian Business Register. Retrieved 2013-06-13.
- "New bitcoin market launched". Investor Daily. Retrieved 2014-10-21.
- "Adam Tepper, Bitcoin trader and CEO of Independent Reserve, killed in motorcycle accident in Phuket". ABC News. Retrieved 2015-02-28.
- "Mike Tilley backs cryptocurrency exchange Independent Reserve". Financial Review. Retrieved 2018-03-14.
- "A local crypto exchange has launched a blockchain innovation hub in Sydney". Business Insider. Retrieved 2018-11-22.
- "Major Australian Exchange Expands to Singapore for Crypto-Friendly Regs". Coindesk. Retrieved 2020-01-24.
- "Cryptocurrency exchange targets block trading with launch of OTC desk". The Trade. Retrieved 2018-03-12.
- "Independent Reserve is now Australia's first insured cryptocurrency exchange". Finder. Retrieved 2019-02-05.
- Independent Reserve twitter page
- Independent Reserve linkedin page
- Independent Reserve facebook page
- Independent Reserve trade volume and market listings
- Independent Reserve – Reviews, Fees & Cryptos
- Independent Reserve – Australian FinTech
- Independent Reserve | Crunchbase
- Review: Independent Reserve cryptocurrency exchange
- Independent Reserve Archives - CoinDesk
- CoinBucket - Independent Reserve – Apps on Google Play
- Australia's Independent Reserve launches in Singapore
This article "Independent Reserve" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.