|Born||October 29, 1954|
|Add a Photo|
Hyram Posey is an American fiddle player combining elements of Bluegrass, Country, Western Swing, Jazz and Blues. He resides in Nashville, Tn. where he does session work and writes film music.
Born October 29th, 1954 in Douglas Arizona, Posey’s musical career began at age 7 when he began taking piano lessons. He later took up the violin in his school orchestra at age 9.
His first country gig was playing fiddle for Charley Pride when he was just 14 years old.
He won the award again in 1981 and judged the contest in 1982. He was also inducted into the National Fiddler’s Hall of Fame, in Weiser, Idaho, that same year.
Hyram recorded his first album, Listen to My Fiddle, in 1972. After high school Hyram moved to Wichita, Kansas where he played in the house band for the Long Branch Jamboree TV show.
In 1986 while living in Tucumcari, Hyram composed the music for the musical, Dream on a Blue Horse by Rebekah Gossett.
In 1991 Hyram played the Telluride Jazz Celebration with saxophone legend Richie Cole.
Hyram has appeared on the Grand ‘Ol Opry and the Music City Hayride and performed with many country stars including George Strait and Jeannie Pruett
While traveling between Arizona, New Mexico, Tennessee and Texas playing music, Hyram also spent 35 years working for the Southern Pacific Railroad.
After an accident in 2004 Hyram retired from the railroad and finally moved to Nashville, Tn.
- Listen to My Fiddle 1972
- Done Gone 1979
- Electrified 2008
- High Octane 2018
Hyram Posey and Gene Charlebois
- Talking to the Stars 2015
- Van Winkle’s Dream 2016
- A Tribute to Bob Wills 2019
Hyram Posey, Gene Charlebois, Tim Henderson
- White Road Symphony 2019
Hyram Posey in the Media
- Moomaw, Randy (June 19, 2019). "A New Swing Shift for Posey". Dickson Post.
- Stephens, Greg (February 1983). "Formal Fiddling or Vacationing Violin". The Bluegrass Alternative and the National Fiddler.
- Throndson, Lachlan (April 1983). "Frets Visits....Weiser, ID". Frets Magazine.
- Satterwhite, James (February 1985). "Hyram Posey - Fiddle on Fire". Country Music Inquirer.
- Johnson, Jim (May–June 1985). "Fiddle on Fire - Sounds that Won't Cool Down". Southern Pacific Bulletin. 68 (3): 21.CS1 maint: date format (link)
- "Telluride Times Journal". Rising to Jazz the Telluride Jazz Celebration. August 2-4 1991: 8, 14.
- "2018 Will Rogers Award Winners". Academy of Western Artists Award Winners.
- "Josie 2019 Official Winners List". Josie Music Awards.
- "Northwest Western Swing Society". Northwest Western Swing Society.
- [http//:www.hyramposey.com Hyram Posey Official website]
- Hyram Posey on Facebook
- Hyram Posey on Twitter
- Hyram Posey on Linkedin
- Hyram Posey on Instagram
- Hyram Posey on Youtube