|Headquarters||Noida (India) and San Francisco (USA)|
Number of locations
Henry Harvin is a global education technology company that primarily offers both online and offline certification / diploma / degree programs to professional adults and students. Henry Harvin also offers consulting services in line with Big 4 consulting firms and publishes books on a variety of topics. It was founded in 2013 by Kounal Gupta.
Henry Harvin is named after ‘Mr.Henry Dunster’, the first president of prestigious Harvard University, to honor his contributions to the education industry. Henry Harvin’s dream is to become the Harvard of Ed-tech industry!
The company works as a training partner and education provider to a number of leading management / technology colleges, corporates, and government entities. Up till 2020, Henry Harvin had acquired a customer base of more than 300,000 participants spread across 97 countries. Its operational offices are in San Francisca (USA) and Delhi NCR (India).
At the age of 19, Kounal Gupta discovered that there exists a lot of gap between the industry requirements and the university’s style of teaching. Therefore, he started finding the solutions to bridge this and establish something that can make educated employable (which is the firm’s tagline as well: ‘We make educated employable’). In his pursuit of a solution to this problem, Gupta established Henry Harvin in the same year without dropping his college with an aim to revolutionize the Ed-Tech space.
Initially, the organization provided professional training courses to college students, but within a year it expanded its services to facilitate B2B training programs for corporate clientele. From 2014 through 2017, Henry Harvin partnered with various firms like KPMG, EY, Brian Tracy, VIVO, NMIMS to dive into the B2C sector.
In 2015, Henry Harvin started producing their own in-house developed courses. Started first with Agile Project Management course popularly known as the ‘iCAN’ course followed by a unique course on cryptocurrency. The launch of this Bitcoin cryptocurrency course made Henry Harvin, the first Ed-Tech company to do so in India.
In 2016, the organization ventured into Paramedical courses to create healthcare professionals who largely contributed as COVID warriors later.
In the same year, it became the first Edtech company to launch a course on India’s biggest Indirect Tax Reform, Goods, and Service Tax (GST) which gained its mass acclaim and got featured in India’s leading media channels: Hindustan Times and Aaj Tak.
In 2017, Henry Harvin started their in-house courses on Six Sigma and Business Analytics followed by the launch of a revolutionary course on Content Writing popularly known as the CDCW course (Certified Digital Content Writer Course) an industry of content writing courses in India. Henry Harvin was the first institute to launch a course on content writing in the entire Asia. To reach out to a wider range of audiences in semi-urban and rural areas, later in 2017, the company started delivering classes in live online mode as well. With this, even remote students were able to upskill themselves.
A year later it started facilitating B2B Corporate Sales and US Sales. Gradually from 2018 to 2021, Henry Harvin launched over 12+ academies offering 200+ courses.
Henry Harvin offers over 200+ online and classroom courses globally in more than 97 countries. These courses spread across different academies such as Analytics, Blockchain, Finance, Law, Management, Digital Marketing, Sales, TEFL, IT Service Management, Cyber Security, Writing, and others. It also facilitates other services such as Professional Training, Project Support, Internship Support, Certification, Placement Support, E-Learning, Bootcamps, Hackathons, Membership Program, and Consulting.
All the courses provided by the Henry Harvin are offered at separate dedicated academies which include:
- Analytics Academy
- Writing Academy
- Finance Academy
- Law Academy
- Management Academy
- Digital Marketing Academy
- TEFL Academy
- Coding Academy
- TEEN Academy
- Blockchain Academy
- Cyber Security Academy
- HR Academy
- Entrepreneurship Academy
- IT Service Management Academy
- Paramedical Academy
- Cloud Computing Academy
- Summer School Academy
- SAP Academy
- Teacher Training Academy
- Language Academy
Accreditations and Affiliations
- American Association of EFL
- AWS Partner Network
- Duns & Bradstreet
- Ministry Of Corporate Affairs
- UK Certifications
- ISO 29990:2010
- Ernst & Young Global Limited
- StartUp India
- Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Government of India
- Project Management Institute
- Skill India & National India Development Corporation
- UK Akkreditering Forum Limited
Awards and recognition
Henry Harvin is a multi-award-winning organization and has been featured in several media outlets such as India Today, Aaj Tak, The Statesman, Daily Pioneer, The News Caravan, The Hans India, and others. Some of its recent wins include:
- 2017 Recognized for being the 1st GST Course on 1st Page of Sunday Edition, Hindustan Times and Aaj Tak Channel
- 2020 Best Corporate Training Platform Award, The Entrepreneur
- 2020 Game-Based Learning Platform Award, BW Business World
- 2020 Game-Based Learning Company of the Year Award, Jury Member AICTE Chairman Dr.Anil Sahasrabudhe
- 2021 Holds the laurel of being the best out of 5 fastest-growing Edtech startups in India, Higher Education Digest’s survey
- 2021 Company of the Year Award by Prime Insights Magazine
- Rebello, Maleeva. "Next on his 'to-do' list, Henry Harvin CEO wants to meditate in Bhutan and go trekking in Ladakh". The Economic Times. Retrieved 9 August 2021.
- "Budget 2021 adequately supports SMEs, education and BFSI sectors, says top CXOs". Tech Observer. 2 February 2021. Retrieved 9 August 2021.
- Khandelwal, Priyanshu (21 May 2020). "5 Ed tech startups students can rely on for better preparation of competitive exams amid lockdown · Education News in India -Exams, Results, Admissions, Jobs". Education News in India -Exams, Results, Admissions, Jobs. Retrieved 9 August 2021.
- Pioneer, The. "MindIT". The Pioneer. Retrieved 9 August 2021.
- DelhiMay 3, India Today Web Desk New. "A quick guide to pick from the best design thinking courses online". India Today. Retrieved 9 August 2021.
- "Top 5 online Creative Writing courses in India". The Statesman. 18 March 2021. Retrieved 9 August 2021.
- Caravan, The News (17 February 2021). "Top 5 upskilling courses to boost your career -". The News Caravan. Retrieved 9 August 2021.
- "5 Ed tech startups students can rely for better preparation of competitive exams amid lockdown". India Education | Latest Education News | Global Educational News | Recent Educational News. 20 May 2020. Retrieved 9 August 2021.
- India, The Hans (3 December 2018). "Graduates, want a job? Do CV yoga!". www.thehansindia.com. Retrieved 9 August 2021.
- "Expand your Career Horizon with Cyber Security Course". www.pcquest.com. Retrieved 9 August 2021.
- "Upgrade Your Skills With These Cyber security Courses". BW Education. Retrieved 9 August 2021.
- "5 cutting-edge online technical writing courses". tribuneindia.com. Retrieved 9 August 2021.