|Add a Photo|
|Born||May 24, 1911|
Curwensville, Pennsylvania, United States
|Died||December 19, 1996 (age 85)|
|Other names||Harold Stanley Conway|
|Citizenship||United States Of America|
|Years active||1949 - 1976|
Harold Stanley Conway or Harold Conway (ハロルド・コンウェイ Harorudo Conuei, May 24, 1911 - December 19, 1996) was an American tax advisor and actor who appeared frequently in Japanese films and television between the 1950s and 1970s. He was one of a trio of foreign actors appearing frequently in Toho's Showa era productions, along with Andrew Hughes (actor)|Andrew Hughes and Osman Yusuf. Delivering his lines in both English and Japanese, he was perhaps best recognized for his role as Dr. Immelman in The Mysterians, a part which he reprised for the film's 1959 sequel, Battle in Outer Space. Conway acted in his last known role in 1975's I Am a Cat (1975 film)|I Am a Cat, and passed away sometime during 1996.
A tax accountant living in Japan who somehow managed to play in multiple films over a span of 20 years, speaking both English and Japanese as the occasion required. He is best remembered in Japan for his role in The Mysterians (1957) as Dr. DeGracia, the creator of the Markalite FAHPs used against the titular aliens; apparently his Japanese in that role, delivered with the appropriate theatricality, was considered impressive for a non-Japanese speaking actor.
Conway appeared with other English speaking actors in scenes filmed for Godzilla vs. the Thing (1964) that were not included in the original Japanese version, but were shown in other English speaking markets.
- The Mysterians (1957) as Dr. Immelman
- Battle in Outer Space (1959) as Dr. Immelman
- Mothra (film)|Mothra (1961) as Rolisican Ambassador
- The Last War (1961 film)|The Last War (1961) as Federal Army Missile Base Commander
- King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962) as United Nations correspondent on Seahawk
- Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964) as Ambassador [uncredited; scene removed from Japanese cut]
- Frankenstein vs. Baragon (1965) as Photography scholar [uncredited]
- Genocide (1968 film)|Genocide (1968) as US army commander
- Goke, Body Snatcher from Hell (1968) as Britannian Ambassador [uncredited]
- Ultraman (1966 TV series)|Ultraman (TV 1966-1967) as William Childer [episode 24]
- Mighty Jack (TV 1968) as Q Commander L [episode 11]
This article "Harold Conway" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.