|Born||May 24, 1991|
|Alma mater||University of Houston Clear Lake|
|Occupation||Senior AI Engineer|
Harish Paruchuri (born 24 May 1991) is an Indian AI engineer, researcher, and writer. He has over 8 years of experience working as a big data professional. Paruchuri currently works as a Senior AI Engineer in the Department of Information Technology with Anthem, a health insurance provider in the USA.
Throughout his career, Parchuri has worked for several prolific companies in the US such as Cerner Corporation, and has published 17 articles in well-known journals like Scopus Indexed Journals.
Paruchuri specializes in AI, machine learning, and IoT and has even been cited over 170 times. He has also been featured in several media outlets such as NY Weekly, Forbes, ABN Newswire, Thrive Global, WBOC, ABC, and others.
Early life and education
Paruchuri was born on 24 May 1991 in Guntur city in Andhra Pradesh, India. He completed his primary education at a local school - Kakatiya Public School. Due to the unavailability of quality education in his hometown, Paruchuri enrolled in Bhashyam Public School as a boarding student. He did exceptionally well throughout his school days, acquiring good grades. During this time, he also participated in several extracurricular activities and even won a zonal prize for a quiz competition.
In his junior college, Paruchuri acquired 92.7% and then enrolled in the Koneru Lakshmaiah College of Engineering, taking an undergraduate Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering. He later moved to the USA to pursue a master’s degree in computer engineering from the University of Houston-Clear Lake He graduated with a 3.69 GPA.
Paruchuri started his career as a Software Engineer in India, where he worked on system analysis that included low-level design and contributed to the technical architecture of the system. After working for a year, he moved to the USA to acquire a master’s degree.
While pursuing his degree, Paruchuri worked as a student technician (Assistant Systems Specialist) with the University of Houston. He was responsible for user administration setup, maintaining the account, and monitoring system performance.
After completing his master’s degree, Paruchuri started working at Vintech Solutions Inc. as a Big Data Engineer. During his time with this firm, he handled two projects, one for an American supplier of health information technology solutions, services, devices, and hardware and the second for a Major American Health Insurance Company.
As of 2021, Paruchuri is working as a Senior AI Engineer with Anthem Inc. He is responsible for guiding the full lifecycle of a Big Data (Hadoop) solution, including requirements analysis, technical architecture design, application design and development, testing, and deployment. Paruchuri also serves as a board member for many journals where he provides peer review feedback on the submitted pieces.
Throughout his career, Paruchuri has authored 17 articles on AI, machine learning, and IoT, which have been published in numerous journals such as Scopus Indexed Journals and other highly regarded peer-reviewed journals.
Some of his published articles:
- Optimizing Voice Recognition using Various Techniques, published in 2012
- Application of Artificial Neural Network to ANPR: An Overview, published in 2015
- Credit Card Fraud Detection using Machine Learning: A Systematic Literature Review, published in 2017
- Market Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning Using Machine Learning, published in 2019
- Location Tracking via User Feed through Social Platforms to Detect Sentiments & Act on Those Analytical Data, published in 2020
- Medical Diagnosis using Deep Learning Techniques: A Research Survey, published in 2021
Paruchuri is passionate about helping young professionals excel in their careers. In his free time, he loves to mentor graduate interns and co-workers.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Amazon Web Services (AWS). (Issued in 2021)
- The Open Group Certified: TOGAF 9 Certified, The Open Group. (Issued in 2021)
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Institute
- (Issued in 2021, credential id 3003975)
- Verified Edx Certificate for Apache Spark Sponsored by Databricks
- "Harish Paruchuri". scholar.google.com. Retrieved 30 July 2021.
- "Prominent researcher Harish Paruchuri shares his Mantra". www.wboc.com. Retrieved 30 July 2021.
- "Prominent researcher Harish Paruchuri shares his Mantra "Strive for excellence and success will follow"". MarketWatch. Retrieved 30 July 2021.
- Paruchuri, Harish (1 May 2021). "Conceptualization of Machine Learning in Economic Forecasting". Asian Business Review. pp. 51–58. doi:10.18034/abr.v11i2.532. Retrieved 30 July 2021.
- Pierre, Ryann (21 July 2021). "Hard Work Turns Difficulties into Opportunities". New York Weekly. Retrieved 30 July 2021.
- "Harish Paruchuri on Why Success Demands Moving Outside The Comfort Zone". thriveglobal.com. Retrieved 30 July 2021.
- "Prominent researcher Harish Paruchuri shares his Mantra "Strive for excellence and success will follow" – West Bengal Online". westbengal-online. Retrieved 30 July 2021.
- "India | ABNewswire | Page 2". abnewswire.com. Retrieved 30 July 2021.
- "BerkeleyX CS105x Certificate | edX". courses.edx.org. Retrieved 30 July 2021.