Ham Group of Companies
923 Makerere Hill Road Opposite University
|Hamis Kiggundu (President & CEO)|
Number of employees
Ham Group of Companies is a Ugandan Multinational corporation privately owned conglomerate, founded by Hamis Kiggundu who is the majority share holder in each of the companies in the group. It is one of the largest conglomerates in West Africa with operations in England and the United States. The group directly employs about 3,500 people.
Ham Group was founded in 2010 as a trading enterprise, importing garments, furniture and ladies' bags for distribution in the East African Market through retail and wholesale. The group moved into real estates in the 2010, starting construction of Ham Towers, Ham shopping mall and Ham Electro Center, Ham Shopping Grounds, around the City Center of Kampala. The company next moved General Merchandise, setting up queens' stores, then Manufacturing: a range of cosmetics and beauty products (Cash and Roxy), Laundry, Toilet and general household soap and detergents, a range of beverages including bottled Mineral water, growing rapidly and spreading into South Africa, United States and United Kingdom.
The origin of the group began 2003, when Ham's father Hajji Ssegawa gave him capital to do business while still studying. Ham owned his first large shop in 2006 at Qualicel shopping center dealing in women modern clothes, he then turned to importing furniture from China and reselling it at great profits and finally started buying and reselling land. In 2010 he established Ham Enterprises and mortgaged one of his father's buildings and secured a mega bank facility from Diamond Trust Bank (Uganda)|DTB and started construction of Ham Towers.
Today, Ham Group is a diversified conglomerate, headquartered in Kampala, with interests across a range of sectors globally. Current interests include Real Estates, Agro-Processing and Value addition, Education, Hospitality, Transportation and Logistics, General Merchandise, Confectionery and Beverages.
|Ham Enterprises U Ltd||Real Estates/Management|
|Ham Palm Villas||Hospitality|
|Ham Agro Processing Industries||Hospitality|
|Queens Stores||General Merchandise|
|Hana International School||Education|
|Queens Confectionery||Pasta / Consumer goods|
|View Investments Ltd||Manufacturing / Consumer goods|
|Kiggs International Ltd||Consumer goods|
|Ham International UK Ltd||Manchester, UK||Real Estate / General Merchandise|
|Ham International Ltd||Woodland Hills, California||Real Estate / Transportation|
|Ham International Express Logistics LLC||Dallas, Texas||Logistics|
|Skylight Investments||Gauteng, S.A||Consumer goods|
The group also owns and manages properties in Manchester and California.
- List of conglomerates in Uganda
- Ham Enterprises (U) Ltd
- Hamis Kiggundu
- Success and Failure Based on Reason and Reality
- Times, Uganda (2020-01-31). "Ham Group Masterminding Mass Real Estate and property Developments in Uganda". The Uganda Times - Uganda News, Uganda Updates, Breaking News, World News, Business, Travel, About Uganda | Home. Retrieved 2020-07-10.
- "Ham International UK Limited - Company Profile - Endole". suite.endole.co.uk. Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- "HAM INTERNATIONAL EXPRESS LOGISTICS LLC". opencorporates.com. Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- Explore, California. "Ham International Ltd". California Explore. Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- "Young tycoon Ham replies those who say his wealth is not his with business wisdom they can use to also generate their own wealth!". Matooke Republic. 2017-12-11. Retrieved 2020-07-10.
- "Tycoon Ham Reveals How He Made His Money » Business Focus". Business Focus. 2017-12-11. Retrieved 2020-07-10.
- "City business man Ham discloses source of money". www.newvision.co.ug. Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- BigEyeUg3 (2015-06-10). "Here is how Ham of Ham towers made his money and became a billionaire". BigEye.UG. Retrieved 2020-07-10.
- "Ham International Ltd – Ham Group of Companies". Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- "Ham International Express Logistics – Ham Group of Companies". Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- "HAM INTERNATIONAL UK LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House)". beta.companieshouse.gov.uk. Retrieved 2020-06-27.
- "Ham Suites Kampala Accomodation". Retrieved 2020-06-27.
- "Uganda's first Film in five dimensions, Ham Cinemax 5D & 3D". Retrieved 2020-06-27.
- "THE PRAISE RALLY AT HANA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL | All Saints Cathedral Kampala". Retrieved 2020-07-10.
- Official website
- Here is how Ham of Ham towers made his money and became a billionaire.
- Hana International School
- Ham International Express Logistics
- Ham Group property Developments in Uganda
This article "Ham Group of Companies" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.