|Add a Photo|
|Born||1981 (age 39–40)|
|Education||BA in Video Design|
|Alma mater||Istituto Europeo di Design|
|Korn: "Love and Meth", Korn: "Never Never"|
|Awards||Silver Telly Award for Best Music Video (2014)|
Giovanni Bucci is a director, motion designer, and musician. His work ranges from commercials to title sequences and from composing music to creating music videos. He is best known for his work as a music video director and as the poly-instrumentalist behind the alt-metal band ODDKO. He is particularly recognized for his work for the Korn videos “Never Never” and “Love & Meth.” He is also known for the music video “Disobey,” which he created for his band ODDKO, and for which he wrote the music, played several of the instruments, and created the video from concept to post-production with the help of his production company, Void ‘N’ Disorder.
Giovanni Bucci was born in 1981 to an Italian father and Dutch mother. He graduated from the Istituto Europeo di Design in Rome in 2005, and after a while moved to London, and eventually LA, to be closer to the heart of the entertainment industry. Here, he is very active as a motion designer, in particular for film title sequences, like Pacific Rim: Uprising, Beauty and the Beast, Star Trek: Beyond, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, He has also created commercials and promos for, among others, Red Bull, MTV, and Netflix. He is most well-known, however, as the creator of music videos for Korn and his band ODDKO.
Music videos and awards
In 2014, Bucci won a UK Film Festival Awardand a Silver Telly Award for Best Music Video for Korn's highly stylized "Never Never," a video in which the band is performing on a CGI clock, and battle the witch that controls the inexorable hand of time. He went on to win an American Movie Award for Best Music Video for Korn’s next release, “Love & Meth."
In November of 2018, Bucci released the first music video for his band ODDKO: “Disobey,” which was praised by magazines such as Consequence of Sound, and Dread Central and won a Silver Telly for Art Direction, and a Bronze for Best Music Video, as well as Best Metal Video and Best Horror Video, with a Nomination for Visually Stunning, at the LA Music Video Awards. Dan Sarto of AWN said about Bucci's style: "[it has a] Sleek, stylized visual design, stark, provocative subject matter, broodingly dark color schemes and a judicious use of jump cuts - the kind that, after repeated viewing, make it suddenly seem plausible your cat has been trying to suffocate you as you sleep [...]"
In June of 2019, Bucci directed the Fleshgod Apocalypse music video, “Sugar,” and shortly thereafter Bucci was also called upon to direct their next video, “Monnalisa,” which Francesco Paoli called “a cinematic video that looks as good as a high-end fashion film.”
In Summer of 2020, quite topically, Bucci released the post-apocalyptic music video “D4TM," which he created for his band ODDKO, and which portrays how humans can be misled by the big promises of pharmaceuticals..
In the media
- Kaufman, Spencer. "Visual director Giovanni Bucci goes behind the scenes of his music project ODDKO's "Disobey" video". Consequence of Sound. Consequence of Sound. Retrieved August 2, 2020.
- "Giovanni Bucci - Profile". Behance. Retrieved July 30, 2020.
- https://www.revolvermag.com/music/hear-oddkos-dark-brooding-new-alt-metal-song-strangers<ref>"Hear ODDKO's Dark Brooding New Alt-Metal Song: Strangers". Revolver Mag. Retrieved July 30, 2020.
- "Meet Giovanni Bucci of Void N' Disorder in Marina Del Rey". Voyage LA. Voyage LA. Retrieved August 2, 2020.
- "Pacific Rim: Uprising (2018) - Full Cast & Crew". iMDB. iMDB.com, inc. Retrieved August 3, 2020.
- "Beauty and the Beast (2017) - Full Cast & Crew". iMDB. iMDB.com, inc. Retrieved August 3, 2020.
- "Star Trek: Beyond (2016) - Full Cast and Crew -". iMDB. iMDB.com, inc. Retrieved August 3, 2020.
- "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) - Full Cast & Crew". iMDB. iMDB.com, inc. Retrieved August 3, 2020.
- "Clients". Giovanni Bucci: Director - Motion Designer. Retrieved July 29, 2020.
- ""Addictions"". Vimeo. Retrieved July 26, 2020.
- "Giovanni Bucci User Profile". Vimeo. Retrieved July 26, 2020.
- "2014 Awards". UK Film Festival. Retrieved August 2, 2020.
- "2014 Telly Award Winners: Online Video - Music Video". The Telly Awards. Retrieved July 29, 2020.
- Hartmann, Graham. "Korn Beat the Clock in New Video for 'Never Never'". Loudwire. Retrieved 2020-08-06.
- "2014 Winners". American Movie Awards. Archived from the original on April 19, 2014. Retrieved August 2, 2020.
- Millican, Josh. "Throbbing, Hallucinatory Video for ODDKO's "Disobey" Is Not Safe for Work (Or Epileptics)". Dread Central. Retrieved July 30, 2020.
- "2019 Telly Award Winners: Online - Craft: Art Direction". Telly Awards. Retrieved August 5, 2020.
- "2019 Telly Awards: General - Music Video". The Telly Awards. Retrieved July 27, 2020.
- "Post Magazine - Music Video: Oddko — Disobey". www.postmagazine.com. Retrieved 2020-08-06.
- "Fresh Takes: The Stylized Vision of Giovanni Bucci's 'Disobey' and 'Sugar'". Animation World Network. Retrieved 2020-08-06.
- Hartmann, Graham. "Fleshgod Apocalypse Announce 'Veleno' Album, Unleash Vicious Track 'Sugar'". Loudwire. Retrieved August 3, 2020.
- Kennelty, Greg. "FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE Unleashes Cinematic Video For "Monnalisa"". Metal Injection. Metal Injecction, LLC. Retrieved July 30, 2020.
- Westbrook, Corinne. "ODDKO Releases Mad Max Themed "D4TM" Video". Metal Injection. Metal Injection, LLC. Retrieved July 30, 2020.
- Giovanni Bucci on Facebook
- Giovanni Bucci on Instagram
- Giovanni Bucci on Twitter
- Giovanni Bucci on vimeo
- Giovanni Bucci on linkedin
- Giovanni Bucci on imdb
- Giovanni Bucci on Behance
- Giovanni Bucci on the Making of ODDKO's "Disobey" Video
- The Work That Made Me: Giovanni Bucci | LBBOnline
- Visual director Giovanni Bucci goes behind the scenes
This article "Giovanni Bucci" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.