גיל דוב בלוטרייך
|Add a Photo|
Gil Dov Blutrich
October 10, 1965
|Awards||Ernst & Young’s prestigious Entrepreneur of the Year Award|
Gil Dov Blutrich, (Hebrew: גיל דוב בלוטרייך; born 10 October 1965) is an Israeli-Canadian real estate entrepreneur and philanthropist the founder of Skyline Investments and its holding company Mishorim Development, and is today President of Blutrich Holdings Inc. He is listed as 162nd on the Israeli financial news magazine the Marker's 2016 Richest People in Israel list with a personal net worth of $142 million USD.
Blutrich was born in Ra’anana, Israel where he founded Israeli real estate firm Mishorim Development with his partner Danny Herzohg in 1990 at the age of 25. Based out of Ra’anana, Mishorim focused on office spaces and revitalisation of the city’s industrial area and today also holds commercial properties in the United States.
Seeking to expand beyond Israel’s Sharon area, in 1998 he relocated his family to Toronto, Ontario, Canada where he opened Mishorim subsidiary Skyline Investments. It’s in this period that Gil became the sole owner and President of both companies. By 2004, Blutrich was awarded Ernst & Young’s prestigious Entrepreneur of the Year Award for Ontario for his work with Skyline Investments. Skyline was further named in Deloitte’s 2013 and 2014 Best Managed Companies in Canada lists. In 2013, he was named as the leader of a new generation of entrepreneurs in real estate by the Israeli newspaper Yediot Aharonot.
In 2007 and 2014 respectively, both companies were taken public on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange where they are currently traded. Today, Skyline is a mainstay of Ontario’s resort industry with ownership of three popular sites: Deerhurst, Horseshoe Valley Ski Resort, and the Blue Mountain Village. Both Skyline and Mishorim have been expanding to commercial properties in the US including hotels and malls including Bear Valley in California and the Renaissance Cleveland Hotel and the Hyatt Cleveland Arcade in Ohio. Skyline is valued at $500 CAD million.
At the end of 2019, Blutrich transitioned away from Skyline and Mishorim. Starting February 2020, Blutrich began new ventures under the parent company Blutrich Holdings Inc. These subsidiaries continue Gil's expertise in land investments and development in Canada and the US as well as touching on investments and technology (such as Clear Inc.).
Blutrich also serves as an honorary consul to the state of El Salvador in Canada.
In 1995, Blutrich founded the organisation Atid Varod (Hebrew: עתיד ורוד) "Brighter Future" which is a billboard advertising social business in his previous hometown of Ra’anana. This project brought together business and social responsibility by employing at-risk youth outside the formal school system (age 16-18) who are trained in marketing, sales, and consulting to ensure both a successful company and long term benefit for its employees. The municipality of Ra’anana granted the organisation a franchise of 200 billboards on the main thoroughfares in the city to support the project. Today, Atid Varod has spread throughout Israel.
Blutrich was the founder and first Chairman of the Israeli Forum in 2005, a Toronto-based Israeli-expat community that attempts to deepen the links between Israeli and North American Jews, as well as Canadian society as a whole. The Forum includes various wings including the Canada-Israel Chamber of Commerce, Hamifgash (an Israeli cultural organisation), and Kachol Lavan (an Israeli-education school system for expats). In 2008, thousands of other organisations joined the Forum to create one of the strongest non-religious connective organisations between Israelis and the Jewish diaspora.
Prioritising social responsibility in business, Blutrich has also connected Skyline to other charities including Trees Ontario, Clean the World, and Make-a-Wish Canada.
Blutrich was the Director of "Ve'ahavta" in Toronto, a non-profit organisation focused on fighting homelessness in Toronto and other humanitarian issues around the world.
In support of the arts, Blutrich was also a Director at the ReelWorld Film Festival, a festival promoting diversity in the Canadian arts.
- ↑ אבריאל, איתן. "500 העשירים: האיש שחזר לפיסגה עם 8.3 מיליארד דולר". The Marker. (in Hebrew) Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- ↑ BLACKWELL, RICHARD (2012-08-12). "Gil Blutrich: Building on the foundations of history". Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- ↑ "Mishorim Development Ltd.: Private Company Information - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Gil Blutrich | Hotel Invest". www.bigpictureconferences.ca. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- ↑ "Gil Blutrich of Skyline International Development Inc". Dolce Luxury Magazine. 2010-09-09. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- ↑ "Skyline International Renamed as One of Canada's Best Managed Companies by Deloitte". Market Wired. March 10, 2015. Retrieved June 15, 2017.
- ↑ "Buzz Talk with Gil Blutrich [INTERVIEW]". BuzzBuzzHome News. 2011-05-11. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- ↑ "Skyline adds U.S. mountain resort to its portfolio - Real Estate News Exchange (RENX)". Real Estate News Exchange (RENX). 2014-08-28. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- ↑ "Portfolio | Skyline Investments". www.skylineinvestments.com. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- ↑ "About Skyline | Skyline Investments". www.skylineinvestments.com. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- ↑ "Gil Blutrich". Linkedin. Retrieved 2020-10-13
- ↑ "Diplomatic, Consular & Other Representatives in Canada (2007)". Queens University Library. Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade of Canada. 2007. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- ↑ "Builder offers youth a bright future | Toronto Star". thestar.com. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- ↑ "עתיד ורוד". varod.signs.org.il (in Hebrew). Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- ↑ Reporter, Sheri Shefa, Staff (2008-12-18). "Federation body aims to integrate Israelis - The Canadian Jewish News". The Canadian Jewish News. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- ↑ Gordon, Dave (2008-06-04). "Toronto Israelis unite in single organization - The Canadian Jewish News". The Canadian Jewish News. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- ↑ "2013 Hotel Regional Company of the Year: Skyline Hotels and Resorts - Hotelier Magazine". Hotelier Magazine. 2013-12-09. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- ↑ "Hotel Invest | Gil Blutrich". www.bigpictureconferences.ca. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
This article "Gil Blutrich" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.