|Developer(s)||Deskew Technologies, LLC|
Gig Performer is a cross-platform audio plug-in host software package developed by Deskew Technologies. It is designed to provide a solution for playing an Musical instrument and effect plug-ins live, without using a Digital Audio Workstation.. It was originally released in late 2016.
Gig Performer allows using Software synthesizer plugins such as Synthesizer, Sampler (musical instrument), guitar effect racks, EQ effects or Dynamic range compression, and lets you switch from one set of plugins to another while playing.
Gig Performer manages collections of plug-ins in customizable organizational units called "rackspaces" consisting of one or more front panels. Plug-ins and other elements i.e. virtual instruments, effects, MIDI devices and or Audio interface can be connected within rackspaces. Rackspaces can be further organized as parts of songs, where they can be reused with along with song specific overrides.
Some features include:
- Visual workflow, by routing audio from one plugin to another by connecting them together with wires
- Support for Virtual Studio Technology|VST, VST3 and Audio Units|AU plugins.
- Built-in audio and MIDI recorder
- An Open Sound Control implementation for remote control as well as OSC/MIDI conversion.
- Proprietary scripting language which allows advanced customization.
- Fortner, Stephen (March 2017). "Deskew Technologies Gig Performer". Keyboard (3.2017). pp. 42–44. Retrieved 2020-06-24.
- "Gig Performer Homepage". 2020-06-24. Retrieved 2020-06-24.
- Vanacoro, Matt (March 13, 2019). "Review: Gig Performer 3". ask.audio. Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- Townsend, Dave (2017-03-07). "Review - Gig Performer by Deskew Technologies". Soundbytes magazine. Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- "Songs, Song Parts, and Setlists". gigperformer.com. Retrieved 2020-06-11.
- Vincent, Robin (2016-11-25). "Gig Performer: Live rig for your plug-ins". gearnews.com. Retrieved 2020-06-12.
- "NAMM 2019: Gig Performer 3 live performance plug-in host gets setlists and more". gearnews.com. 2019-01-16. Retrieved 2020-06-11.
This article "Gig Performer" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.