|Education||PhD in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering|
|Alma mater||University of Queensland|
|Awards||ACM Distinguished Scientist (2016)|
Geraldine Fitzpatrick (born 1958, Australia) is a Full Professor, and the head of the Human-Computer Interaction Group at TU Wien (Vienna University of Technology) since 2009. Her research is interdisciplinary at the intersection of social and computer sciences.
Fitzpatrick started her degree in Computer Science in 1989, in University of Queensland. She holds a PhD in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering and an MSc in Applied Positive Psychology and Coaching Psychology.
Fitzpatrick also holds a certificate in midwifery (1983).
Research and Career
Prof Fitzpatrick's research is on social interaction and spans a range of areas including collaboration, health and well-being, technology-enabled mental health and active engagement for older people.
Prior to her career in information technologies, Prof. Fitzpatrick worked as a midwife and a nurse. After completing her degree in computer science, she worked as a research fellow at the Distributed Systems Technology Centre and Centre for Online Health in Australia. She was the Director of the Interact Lab at the University of Sussex.
Prof. Fitzpatrick is the member of several committees and editorial boards. She is a member of the ACM Distinguished Member Committee, the ACM CHI Steering Committee. She is the Austrian representative on IFIP TC13. She was the former associate editor and is on the Editorial Advisory Board of the CSCW (Computer Supported Cooperative Work) journal.
She is an ACM Distinguished Speaker.
In the media
- Geraldine Fitzpatrick - ACM Distinguished Speaker
- Prof.in Dr.in Geraldine Fitzpatrick | FEMtech
- Geraldine Fitzpatrick | Human Computer Interaction Group
- "Inaugural Lecture of Prof. Dr. Geraldine Fitzpatrick". www.tuwien.at. 2020-02-28. Retrieved 2020-03-15.
- gerifitz (2010-07-23). "gerifitz". FEMtech (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- Queensl, The University of; Lucia, Australia Brisbane St; Gatton, QLD 4072 +61 7 3365 1111 Other Campuses: UQ; Maps, UQ Herston; Queensl, Directions © 2020 The University of. "Brisbane homes inappropriate for climate". UQ News. Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- "Geraldine Fitzpatrick | Human Computer Interaction Group". igw.tuwien.ac.at. Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- NunesFrancisco; VerdezotoNervo; FitzpatrickGeraldine; KyngMorten; GrönvallErik; StorniCristiano (2015-12-14). "Self-Care Technologies in HCI". ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction (TOCHI). doi:10.1145/2803173.
- "Investigators". www.team-itn.eu. Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- "Geraldine Fitzpatrick". speakers.acm.org. Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- "MRL Distinguished Speaker Series 2 June - The University of Nottingham". www.nottingham.ac.uk. Retrieved 2020-03-15.
- "Research : Geraldine Fitzpatrick : University of Sussex". www.sussex.ac.uk. Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- "Committee". awards.acm.org. Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- "Members – CHI Steering Committee". Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- adminweb. "MEMBERS/OFFICERS". IFIP TC13. Retrieved 2020-03-15.
- "Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW)". Springer. Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- "ACM Recognizes Distinguished Members for Computing Innovations that Transform Society". www.acm.org. Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- "Geraldine Fitzpatrick receives IFIP's 2019 TC 13 Pioneer Award". TU Wien Informatics. Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- News, IFIP (2019-08-29). "IFIP TC 13 Announces 2019 Pioneers in HCI Awards". IFIP News. Retrieved 2020-03-14.
|last=has generic name (help)
This article "Geraldine Fitzpatrick" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles taken from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be accessed on Wikipedia's Draft Namespace.